Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Evolving78

I got the silicone spatula applicators to apply my relaxer. I bought some brushes from Sally, but they were snagging my hair. I bought some more gloves, clips, and a packet of neutralizer. 6 more days to go!

Fotchygirl

15 weeks post ladies, relaxing this Thursday. I just haven't made time to go and do it. Still contemplating whether to blowdry or just airdry afterwards. Airdrying will be less manipulation for sure.

Evolving78

Why @shortdub78 ? Do you not like the results?
Nope! I do not like the results! Lol it leaves my hair dull and dry. And my crown seems to be more resistant, so it feels very underprocessed. I wasn't going to exceed the time, since it takes 15-20 mins to apply and I smooth for 5 mins. I still have a lot of texture. I have used this several times. And the same thing happens. I had to to a corrective last time.

sunnieb

Same here, I have a little crinkle of new growth. I have been doing roller sets and they are giving me life. I am finally perfecting my technique.

You know what?

I bought all the rollersetting supplies (included the dvd from a former LHCF member), and I've never done a complete set once! :lol:

I used to dabble with ponytail rollersets here and there, but never my whole head. I just don't feel like it.

VimiJn

Let the truth set you free!
3 days post here.
I find myself frustrated with lye vs no-lye issue. I used no lye as my virgin relaxer which was fine on relaxer day but as time went on my hair became so dry and lifeless. So I switched to lye and there's definitely a lot more texture left and it does a number on your scalp (whew baby) but that goes away in a few days. Having said that I don't get the straw like dullness like I experienced from no- lye. I think I just need to find the right lye relaxer. I've been using silk elements shea butter and silk protein in regular.