Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

sunnieb

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

ChoColette - I see you newbie sneakin' in here with your first post! :grin:

Welcome to the board! :welcome3:

solide

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

8 weeks post...aiming for another 8 :)

Angelinhell

1 week and 2 days
June 29

Not sure, either vitale olive oil, nairobi, or mizani bb (all no lye versions)

Self-relax

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest

8 weeks and 4 days since my last Relaxer
My next scheduled retouch will be June 1st

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

12weeks and 4 days.....
I am aiming for 26 weeks but I might stop at 16 weeks if I am not in a sew in.
Going back to using Design Essential at the salon.

PrissiSippi

Simply Komplex

I'm only 2 weeks four days since my last relaxer. I have no idea when I'm getting another touch up. It will probably be in another 8 weeks or so

sugahoney

Currently 9 weeks 4 days. I am aiming for 16 weeks

Evolving78

5 weeks and some days. i am getting a touchup on the 12th next month.

A.Marie

I went 10 weeks this time. My stylist will not give relaxer before 10 weeks.

smitmarv

I try to relax my hair no more then 4 times a year. Trying to do it only 3 times a year. It's been since Dec for me so I am due! I'm about 12 weeks from last relaxer.

cynd

I'm 26 weeks post and haven't done a TU since I joined the forum last Oct. I'm past due and am only surviving because my hair is thin/low density and I work from home. To be honest with everything I've learned since I've been here I'm kind of afraid to do it myself and even more afraid to go a stylist because I don't have anyone I trust. What to do, what to do...

la mosca

19 weeks as of yesterday. I'll probably relax at the end of July.

mezzogirl

10 weeks 4 days post. I plan to relax at 11 weeks. Using ORS lye relaxer/self relaxed

jazzybklyn

7 weeks post
Probably will relax for memorial weekend
So about may 25th at 12 weeks post
Will use alter ego linange relaxer
Or I am thinking about trying mizani butter blends
Also on the fence about which is better lye or no lye :(

Renewed1

My perm was 3/19. I'm about a month in.....I'm not sure when my next perm is going to be.....probably August. .

I was natural for 3 years and already practicing healthy relaxed hair care before switching to natural.

So the two texture shouldn't be much of a problem for me.

niknakmac

I'm 11 weeks post and planning on relaxing at week 12. Growing out this assymetric cut has been murder. Even though I am making progress it looks like i'm not b/c the main goal right now is to try to even out the two sides of my hair. Regardless I am happy that I am able to go 12 weeks with it at this length. It hasn't become super unmanageable yet so next time I will try for 16 weeks.

I'm longing for my signature shoulder length with chinese bangs:(. My sister told me not to cut my hair...

Mische

12 weeks post, and relaxing next weekend rather than stretching to 15 weeks.

Loving

6 weeks post. I want to go for another 3-4 weeks against my stylist's wishes. She wants me to T/U next week as according to her 'I have a lot of new growth.' I firmly told her that I will not be touching up next week. The convo went like this:

Her: You are touching up next week right?
Me: Nope
Her: But you have a lot of new growth
Me: I know but its only been 6 weeks and I know my hair and know that I don't need a T/U now
Her: So you are in control now? (with a tone that sounded as if I offended her)
Me: I am not saying that, just saying that I won't be relaxing next week
Her: So when?
Me: I will let you know

Gotta be firm!!!! It's my hair, and I know how to deal with it!

Queen V

6 weeks post. I want to go for another 3-4 weeks against my stylist's wishes. She wants me to T/U next week as according to her 'I have a lot of new growth.' I firmly told her that I will not be touching up next week. The convo went like this:

Her: You are touching up next week right?
Me: Nope
Her: But you have a lot of new growth
Me: I know but its only been 6 weeks and I know my hair and know that I don't need a T/U now
Her: So you are in control now? (with a tone that sounded as if I offended her)
Me: I am not saying that, just saying that I won't be relaxing next week
Her: So when?
Me: I will let you know

Gotta be firm!!!! It's my hair, and I know how to deal with it!

Re the bolded: Wow, that's bold of her!

sonychari

I'm 9 weeks post today. I could touch up on the 14th of May but I'm having such an easy time of it that I may just go longer than 12 weeks. We shall see though :grin:

Anyway, I just ordered my new relaxer yesterday and who knows when it will get here. Anybody out there using Affirm Fiberguard Sensitive Scalp. I did a little research and I know a lot of people don't like it because it doesn't it get you bone straight, but I'm going for texlaxed anyway.

misseyblue

1 week post...lol! I stretched to 13 weeks.

cynd

sunnieb, I had almost decided to self relax at the end of the month using the ORS no lye that I already purchased BUT, I just noticed short hairs on the top of my head (where I'm already experiencing thinning) and I don't know whether it's new growth or breakage. Now I don't know whether it would be better to wait a little while longer or relax sooner.

WaistLengthDreams

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 8 weeks, 3 days

When is your next touch up? June 1 @14 weeks post

What relaxer will you use? Affirm Fiberguard

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax? Self-relax