Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

janeemat

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

I'm 9 weeks post today. I could touch up on the 14th of May but I'm having such an easy time of it that I may just go longer than 12 weeks. We shall see though :grin:

Anyway, I just ordered my new relaxer yesterday and who knows when it will get here. Anybody out there using Affirm Fiberguard Sensitive Scalp. I did a little research and I know a lot of people don't like it because it doesn't it get you bone straight, but I'm going for texlaxed anyway.

I am almost nine weeks post and plan to relax May 17th at 12 wks post. I use affirm sensitive scalp...don't think it is fiberguard and it gets me straight enough.

growbaby

6 weeks post.. Summer is around the corner and I am an avid swimmer soooo no idea when the next TU is going to be.

How often do you relaxed ladies relax during summer? Any swimmers like me?

sunnieb

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

cynd - you're already 26 weeks post, so those short hairs could be newgrowth. That's what happened to me at the beginning of my hair journey. My edges began growing back in and I mistakenly thought I had breakage.

However, it could be breakage as well. Only you would know. I would say to go to a trusted stylist and have her do your relaxer this time - especially since you have so much newgrowth. Ask her - no, TELL her to relax your edges last so they won't have alot of time with the relaxer.

Then start researching self-relaxing and see if you want to do it next time. I have a self-relaxing album in my fotki if you want to see how I do it.

cynd

@cynd - you're already 26 weeks post, so those short hairs could be newgrowth. That's what happened to me at the beginning of my hair journey. My edges began growing back in and I mistakenly thought I had breakage.

However, it could be breakage as well. Only you would know. I would say to go to a trusted stylist and have her do your relaxer this time - especially since you have so much newgrowth. Ask her - no, TELL her to relax your edges last so they won't have alot of time with the relaxer.

Then start researching self-relaxing and see if you want to do it next time. I have a self-relaxing album in my fotki if you want to see how I do it.

Thanks for the advice sunnieb. I'll try to find someone I can trust to do it this time although I usually come away feeling bald after a stylist relaxes me because my hair is so fine/thin. Your hair is lovely btw.

sunnieb

Thanks for the advice @sunnieb. I'll try to find someone I can trust to do it this time although I usually come away feeling bald after a stylist relaxes me because my hair is so fine/thin. Your hair is lovely btw.

Thanks cynd! Yeah, that flat hair after a salon relaxer is not for me! :nono:

When you're ready to self-relax, let me know! :grin:

Course24

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 8 weeks

When is your next touch up? May 23rd or May 30th @12-13 weeks post

What relaxer will you use? Silk Elements

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax? Self-Relax

Kay.Dee

Where are you guys buying Affirm? I'm not sure about purchasing it at the bss because I'm not sure how long it's been there and the issue with counterfeits.

sunnieb

1 day post!!!

15 or 16 weeks until my next relaxer. :yep:

AryaStarr258

23 weeks post.

Not sure when I'm going to relax again. I've been kind of slacking on the whole hair thing. Maybe at the end of May???

Last edited:

jessicarabbit

i am 1 week post
my next touch up is june 30 and i will use my beloved ORS olive oil
im still deciding if i wanna venture into the self relax or if i wanna continue to let my cousin do it. her healthy hair practices are questionable :S

jessicarabbit

Her: So you are in control now? (with a tone that sounded as if I offended her)
QUOTE]

Loving
I woulda been like "yes im in control and ive been in control since the day it became MY hair."
lol

avi1derful

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 7wks, 3 days

When is your next touch up? 16 weeks. End of June early July

What relaxer will you use? Motions

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax? Salon

Bnster

I'm 1 month 1 week and don't know how long will I stretch this time. Last time was 7 months, that was my longest stretch ever. The norm now for me is 4 to 6 months stretches. Will see. :grin:

Aireen

I'm 11 weeks post and I will be relaxing sometime after next week on my 12th or 13th week. My hairdresser will be using Optimum. :grin:

solide

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? ~ 10 weeks post

When is your next touch up? @16 post weeks or longer..trying to fight the urge

What relaxer will you use? Revlon Lye Relaxer (Mild)

Misseyl

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 108 Weeks
When is your next touch up? July 4th weekend

What relaxer will you use? Phytorelaxer Index II

Are you going to a salon or will you self-relax? Self

Mjon912

I'm 3weeks post now...my next touch up should be the end of June/early July...silk elements with Oilve oil....and I only self texlax =)

Bnster

Hmmm, pikistrip is out of commission, anyone else know any program or site so we can update our hair growth status? TIA!

mamaore

2 days post touch up. Stretching for 10 weeks this time. Next TU date is July 8

I'll use Profective No-Lye

Evolving78

my next relaxer will be the end of June or beginning of July. i am 2 weeks post.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B

5 weeks, 7 to go:yep:

D.Lisha

I'm currently 17 weeks and one day post. This is the longest stretch I've ever done and I did NOT intend on stretching this long lol

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

ThickRoot

How many weeks post relaxer are you right now? 22 weeks tomorrow, Monday, May 14th

When is your next touch up? Wednesday, May 16th

What relaxer will you use? Mizani (lye)

Next time I'm going to try and self-relax at 12 weeks. I try to do it by 12, this was an unintentional stretch. I've been sick and just able to get it done.
:blush:

Ruby True

8 wkd post and my stylist called me on Friday 'reminding' me it's time for a touch but I've decided to stretch a little

Americka

One week post... Shooting for August 7th

Rossy2010

15 weeks post.. 1 week to go :D

sunnieb

3 weeks post; relaxing in August, maybe September.

Hairroots

I'm post 10 weeks.

My next hit of hair crack is June 2, 2010. Lol.

I use the product by Design.

I self touch-up or should i say my youngest daughter does it for me!

SAM_5110.jpg