Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

lalla

I relaxed on saturday. My process was:
- prepart and twist the day before. Use protecto all over the head
- apply vaseline around the perimeter of the head
- apply the relaxer, timer at 15 min
- lightly smooth just before rinsing
- apply a mixture of: olaplex n°1, 5 in one and positive link
- shampoo and leave it on for 10 min
- olaplex n° 1 & 2
- DC with olaplex n°1, 5 in one and positive link

It went rather well. The only thing is the temperature was around 42°C, so the relaxer processed much faster.

I am 12 weeks. Soaking my hair AV mixed with oil and slithering coconut oil on top of it makes it feel like butter. I am so glad I learned of that regime here.

I'll be 29 weeks post tomorrow. I'm going for 78 - 104 weeks before the BIG big chop of the damaged demi permanent colored hair. I am so annoyed that I used it far too often.

Have you considered henna for coloring? My hair has gotten considerably darker since I started using the Indian(easier to spell that ayuv.... blah blah) herbs.

Aggie

I am 12 weeks. Soaking my hair AV mixed with oil and slithering coconut oil on top of it makes it feel like butter. I am so glad I learned of that regime here.

Have you considered henna for coloring? My hair has gotten considerably darker since I started using the Indian(easier to spell that ayuv.... blah blah) herbs.
Yes but the henna process was taking far too long and I was losing my whole day doing them. I was just getting tired of the long process and was hoping to have success with the demi color. Now I have to go back to henna because I prefer the long process of henna and not lose my hair....again.

Yes but the henna process was taking far too long and I was losing my whole day doing them. I was just getting tired of the long process and was hoping to have success with the demi color. Now I have to go back to henna because I prefer the long process of henna and not lose my hair....again.

That is why I slap it on before bed and wash it out in the morning. Using lots of cheap shampoo makes the process very easy. I love the result!

SuchaLady

How is this possible? Lol
Are you in braids or some protective style that allows you to not deal with your hair for days at a time?
And if memory serves me well you have long healthy hair.
Yea I wanna know too :lachen:

:lol: Its barely relaxed to begin with. I relax 1x per year and never bone straight. I can kinda tell when Im easing into the one year mark but 24-40 weeks are like the lost stage for me. If I dont remind myself, I never remember how far into a stretch I am. Also, anything less than 16 is basically a fresh relaxer to me so those are never on my radar