Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

sunnieb

Unlike others, <coough> @Aggie, I just rinsed out my relaxer and doing my lengthy neutralizing phase.

My hair is rebounding nicely. I also see that my 4 month hair growth is all over the place. Some areas have 2 inches and others barely an inch. Interesting. Gives me a new perspective on how I used to keep trimming my ends to get an even look. Hmmmm...

LushLox

Unlike others, <coough> @Aggie, I just rinsed out my relaxer and doing my lengthy neutralizing phase.

My hair is rebounding nicely. I also see that my 4 month hair growth is all over the place. Some areas have 2 inches and others barely an inch. Interesting. Gives me a new perspective on how I used to keep trimming my ends to get an even look. Hmmmm...

Hmm that is interesting. So how often did you trim previously and are you going to change that going forward?

I'm glad your hair is recovering :yep:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I was gonna relax once it got warmer, but I think I’m gonna have to hold off. I have to baby my hair, because it feels weird in some spots, like near my left* temple. It feels like I’m missing hair.

*Not right side lol

Last edited:

PlanetCybertron

I hit the 6 month mark about 3 weeks ago. And I was going to keep putting it off/forgetting about it for however long. Decided to relax today. I used ORS touch up only pack.

Did it about an hour ago. Rinsed the relaxer, towel dried a bit, applied neutralizer, let it sit for 20 mins, rinse, conditioner rinse, deep conditioned with protein, now I’m deep conditioning with The Mafura mask from Shea Moisture.

This relaxer was the quickest I’ve ever moved. Applied that bad boy in about 5 mins, smoothed for another 5 mins and rinsed. I played two rock and roll songs on my phone and was finished. Don’t think I’ve ever finished a relaxer that quick. Usually takes me 20-25 mins.

I self relax. The salon people tend to be too heavy handed.