Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

Sosoothing

The process. Not being able to see the back. My arms getting tired. Taking 30 mins instead of 20. I miss the days of sitting in a chair but I wont even let the nostalgia get to me because it comes with a whole set of other problems. So I just keep on doing what I'm doing.:D

I understand. Recently, I sort of dread relaxer days myself . Plus I have to wait until DH is home to watch the children or have my nieces come and babysit. Unfortunately I don't trust anyone to treat my hair with care the way I do.
But once I get started, I cruise right through.

MzSwift

The process. Not being able to see the back. My arms getting tired. Taking 30 mins instead of 20. I miss the days of sitting in a chair but I wont even let the nostalgia get to me because it comes with a whole set of other problems. So I just keep on doing what I'm doing.:D

Have you tried pre-parting your hair into twists the night before? I learned it from @sunnieb and it has changed my life! Even when I stretch for 7-8 months, the relaxing process is so much faster!

Like this:
View media item 129631View media item 129761
I’ve even done it a few days prior and just rocked a wig or scarf until my relaxer day.

VimiJn

Let the truth set you free!
Have you tried pre-parting your hair into twists the night before? I learned it from @sunnieb and it has changed my life! Even when I stretch for 7-8 months, the relaxing process is so much faster!

Like this:
View media item 129631View media item 129761
I’ve even done it a few days prior and just rocked a wig or scarf until my relaxer day.
I've done that inconsistently. I should adapt the method permanently. Never that many parts though. That looks awesome. Thanks for the pictures!

Last edited:

MzSwift

24 weeks post.
Still can’t decide what to do with this hair next. Coming up on 4 weeks in this crochet style and it’s time to take it down.

I was going to try out this CHI thermal system I bought but my new puppy keeps chewing on my hair and my son’s locs. I think I want to wait until he gets older. Then I’ll texlax and use the CHI system to rock straight hair for 4 weeks or so.

So back under some sort of full PS, probably braids under a wig. I need fuss-free hair right now.

Aggie

Hi ladies :hiya:

September 17th this year made exactly one year since my last texlaxer. I know it doesn't matter now since I'm natural but I just had to memorialize that somewhere and this is a better place than any to do that :lol:

Carry on...:giggle:

Last edited:

GraceandJoy

Butterfly

Yes, pre-parting my hair was a game changer for me too. My hair doesn't get all tangled during the relaxing process. Tangles and relaxer are a set-back waiting to happen, in my opinion. I can apply relaxer to my entire head in 12 minutes. Before pre-parting, that just didn't happen. Right now I'm not twisting my hair....may need to do that too. @MzSwift, how long does it take you to untwist your hair? Thanks in advance :).

sunnieb

If you ain't pre-parting before relaxing, you missing out! It took me about an hour to part, oil, and twist all my hair, but it was so worth it.

I don't have to pre-part my currently short hair, but I will be back to parting in a year or so.

Here's how my twists used to look:
IMG01433-vi.jpg

Last edited:

MzSwift

Yes, pre-parting my hair was a game changer for me too. My hair doesn't get all tangled during the relaxing process. Tangles and relaxer are a set-back waiting to happen, in my opinion. I can apply relaxer to my entire head in 12 minutes. Before pre-parting, that just didn't happen. Right now I'm not twisting my hair....may need to do that too. @MzSwift, how long does it take you to untwist your hair? Thanks in advance :).

I untwist under the running water while rinsing out my first neutralizer in the sink. It usually takes less than a minute to untwist!

MzSwift

One day post!

I straightened afterwards, which I hate doing bc of the fresh relaxer smell. But I feel like the flat ironing process helps give me straighter results even though I texlax. I put it in a ponytail and got a compliment on my hair when I picked up groceries. She made my day! :)

Sosoothing

One day post!

I straightened afterwards, which I hate doing bc of the fresh relaxer smell. But I feel like the flat ironing process helps give me straighter results even though I texlax. I put it in a ponytail and got a compliment on my hair when I picked up groceries. She made my day! :)

Oo..nice! How long is it now?

VimiJn

Let the truth set you free!
If you ain't pre-parting before relaxing, you missing out! It took me about an hour to part, oil, and twist all my hair, but it was so worth it.

I don't have to pre-part my currently short hair, but I will be back to parting in a year or so.

Here's how my twists used to look:
View attachment 435731
The parts/twists are small enough to leave in while you apply the relaxer right?

MzSwift

Wow, I can't believe I'm already 2.5 weeks post. I put my hair into mini braids last night. I plan to relax at the end of December. I think I'm going to stay between 12-16 week stretches and reassess once my hair is longer.

sunnieb

Soooooo, I laid out all my relaxer supplies yesterday and then lost my relaxer energy. :look:

I know I'm doing it today because I'm not going another week with my buns looking all bumpy with newgrowth.

About to get my workout in so my scalp will be dry this afternoon. :yep: