Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

weavepat

7 weeks post. I originally planned to stretch for 4 to 6 months, but I left my roots considerably more under-processed than my length. I think I'll stretch for 12 weeks, and once the length and roots are similar I'll be able to have longer stretches.

LushLox

Hey everyone, another question; how soon after a relaxer would you say its okay/a good idea to do a heavy protein treatment (e.g. Dudleys drc 28, nexxus emergencee, aphogee 2 step etc)?

If it's a heavy protein I wouldn't even consider using it before two weeks post and I normally wait quite a bit longer. The medium strength protein used at the point of relaxer is fine for me.

LushLox

May I ask why? Don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

I just don't think it's necessary for me. I personally feel that the strong proteins are just a bit too strong for me to use at that point in a relaxer process, the mid strength proteins are fine and do the job.

Like anything though, if it works for you continue to do it. If it's not broke and all that...

Celestialx

I'll be exactly 10 weeks post on Wednesday. I really want to do another 16 week stretch, but this breakage is starting to get on my nerves.

I might try a hard protein treatment (I've been eyeing the Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating since Aphogee 2-Step was pretty useless for me in January) next Saturday/Sunday and see if that helps. But if not, I'll probably book an appointment with my stylist at either 12 or 13 weeks.

MzSwift

15 minutes post. Would have been 25 weeks post tomorrow.
Sitting now with ACV and neutralizing shampoo on my hair.
Did a lot of things differently. My scalp is actually tingling this time as I didn't base with Vaseline. I used Blue Magic grease and EVOO instead. Fortunately, I texlax so I rinsed almost as soon as I finished applying.

Did a protein tx yesterday. So my hair felt very strong. I didn't do a mid step protein but I plan to follow up my neutralizing with Joico K-pak reconstructor. I also plan to airdry, blowout, flat iron and trim. Hopefully I can get some good pix. But if they make me look fat, I'm not posting them. Lol

Sosoothing

15 minutes post. Would have been 25 weeks post tomorrow.
Sitting now with ACV and neutralizing shampoo on my hair.
Did a lot of things differently. My scalp is actually tingling this time as I didn't base with Vaseline. I used Blue Magic grease and EVOO instead. Fortunately, I texlax so I rinsed almost as soon as I finished applying.

Did a protein tx yesterday. So my hair felt very strong. I didn't do a mid step protein but I plan to follow up my neutralizing with Joico K-pak reconstructor. I also plan to airdry, blowout, flat iron and trim. Hopefully I can get some good pix. But if they make me look fat, I'm not posting them. Lol

Oh no. You better post those pics! :spank: :lol: