• We will be upgrading the forum, gallery and blogs with the latest versions of the software we use. This will cause some disruption. We will however try our best to minimize it. The maintenance will start the first week of May 2022 and will continue until all upgrades are completed (both software and hardware). Thank you for your understanding.

Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

LushLox

1 day post relaxer with Mizani BB after a14 week stretch. I found out that I was having way too much texture because I wasn’t washing the week before and had too much product on my hair. Also, happy to find my Mizani BB again.

Yes this is critical for me. And also because I stretch quite deeply, I wash and DC my hair (very gently) around 48 hours before I touch up. I know there is a risk in that method, but it’s the best way for me to efficiently work through dense the NG; this way I’m never under processed.

I’m about 7 weeks post, so another 9 weeks to go.

sunnieb

Finished relaxing and I'm doing a dc now. I must enjoy relaxing my hair late on Sundays. No matter how I plan to relax earlier in the day, I always end up relaxing at night!

ORS changed their box relaxer! The relaxer base supposedly has the oil already in it. I didn't mind the extra step of adding the oil. The texture/consistency of the relaxer cream was too watery for me. I used the entire container.

They also made the packet of conditioner half of what it used to be. I use it for my mid-relaxer protein step. It was NOT enough to cover my hair.

The shampoo used to be green, now it's orange. I'm used to that since I've mostly used an orange neutralizing all the time.

Overall, my hair feels relaxed like I like it, but I won't truly know for sure until it's dry and I style it. Stay tuned.

sunnieb

Alright. I'm on the lookout for a new relaxer.

Found some underprocessed areas and I'm not happy. My hair looks good overall, but this isn't going to work. Plus, I'm not leaving relaxer in my hair for an extended period of time trying to get my new growth straight.

I process for 15 minutes and that's it. The old ORS relaxer would straighten my roots perfectly in that time. Oh well. I research and see what y'all are using nowadays.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Alright. I'm on the lookout for a new relaxer.

Found some underprocessed areas and I'm not happy. My hair looks good overall, but this isn't going to work. Plus, I'm not leaving relaxer in my hair for an extended period of time trying to get my new growth straight.

I process for 15 minutes and that's it. The old ORS relaxer would straighten my roots perfectly in that time. Oh well. I research and see what y'all are using nowadays.
Try Affirm Fiberguard. I think they have a no lye version.