Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

EmilyWilde

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

43 weeks post. I'll probably relax in June or beginning of July.

Rozlewis

Re: Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up

EmilyWilde

Wow. What's your secret to stretching for so long? I can barely make it to 16 weeks.

Rozlewis

6 weeks post and my hair is doing well. 10 more weeks to go.

PureSilver

5 weeks post and I can feel the new growth.

I sense your excitement, i know the feeling because like you i just wanna see it grow out.
43 weeks post. I'll probably relax in June or beginning of July.
:thumbsup:Tips and secret trick please, i'm dying to know.

@EmilyWilde

Wow. What's your secret to stretching for so long? I can barely make it to 16 weeks.
See i have the same question, though i do consider myself an above average stretcher.

PureSilver

Oh i'm 5 weeks 3 days post today. I think i have 1/2'' of growth.

EmilyWilde

EmilyWilde

I think mixing oils into my conditioner and letting it sit on my head wrapped in plastic wrap for a 2-3 hours helps a lot. I do this with Herbal Essence Touchably smooth co.(sometimes I mix Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deep Moisture Co. with it) and olive/coconut oil, and I've noticed it tames my new growth enough to make it blend in with my relaxed hair. But it doesn't work as well as my new growth gets longer and thicker, which is why I still relax. A year (6-7inches of new growth stretched) is usually how long I can put in between relaxers if I plan on wearing mostly heat/straight styles. I hope that helps. :)

BranwenRosewood

12 weeks and I plan to stretch for another 7. I may have to go longer than that but I'm not sure yet.

Destiny9109

2 weeks, I usually relax at 10 or 12 weeks, but I'm in the process of looking for a new relaxer....maybe I'll have my mind made up by then.

naija24

I'm 14 weeks post. Second longest stretch/transition ever. Getting the ???? nerves again. I told myself I would use sew ins throughout the year but the prices are killing me.

growbaby

13 weeks post.. Idk when I'll relax. My scalp has been unbearably itchy for the past 2 weeks so until I get that under control I won't be relaxing.

tolly

I'm about 6weeks post, not sure, I might be a week off in my estimate.
I had a virgin relaxer in November and have been relaxing 6 or 7weeks interval, too frequently, but was having difficulty stretching further, I want to push to 10weeks this time.

missyrayne19

I'm 11 weeks 4 days post. I normally stretch for 12 weeks but I'm waiting an additional 4 weeks for my bday. That's gonna be my bday present to myself. Everyone else I know would want money or some clothes or even a night on the town. I just want a nice hairstyle haha. Or even hair supplies. Or both. Ahem. Haha. Is that weird...? That's weird isn't it? :look: :lol:

PureSilver

I'm 11 weeks 4 days post. I normally stretch for 12 weeks but I'm waiting an additional 4 weeks for my bday. That's gonna be my bday present to myself. Everyone else I know would want money or some clothes or even a night on the town. I just want a nice hairstyle haha. Or even hair supplies. Or both. Ahem. Haha. Is that weird...? That's weird isn't it? :look: :lol:

I did the exact same thing for my Birthday last month. My hair came out ok the day before at the salon but when i added the fexi-rods in the night and undo them on my birthday it was FABULOUS!

I hope your hair turns out Great and no it's not weird to want a great hairstyle for your bday, you deserve it.

PureSilver

2 weeks, I usually relax at 10 or 12 weeks, but I'm in the process of looking for a new relaxer....maybe I'll have my mind made up by then.

After seraching through my hair today and cutting, i am this minute multi tasking as i search for a new relaxer. My hair does not like DE normal conditioning relaxer at all. Left me under processed twice and my hair is extremely dry. Water just bounces off of it.

bklynbornNbred

26 weeks on Monday (eeek)!

Did not plan this its just indecision and knowing I'm about to start working out again which lessens my desire to relax right now. Having serious hair fatigue so I don't want to make any rash decisions so I'll probably braid for the summer.

Last edited:

PureSilver

6 weeks post.....many more to go

JessieLeleB

7 weeks post and I'm having a nervous breakdown first time stretching ever... Used to the old school way of feeling new growth and slapping the creamy crack on your head! Going for 16wks maybe 18wks

tolly

o weeks post, relaxed yesterday, posting to ensure I don't forget. I'm still keeping the 6-7weeks intervals.... I hope i can stretch soon, really have no experience with stretching and finding it difficult dealing with new growth.