Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
One week post. Plan to relax at 8 weeks.

I hope the areas that are still closed open up soon. I can't even imagine what that's like. We've been open down here since last May.

Since January the only places I can visit are the pharmacy, the supermarket and very local parks. Everything else is closed (aside from some fast food places, but not restaurants).

Just one more month to go and the salons (hair, nails, eyebrows) will be open, so I can at least stock up on hair supplies and get a touch-up.

bronzeqtoftx

Knowledge Seeker
I’m on week 10 and believe I’m gonna make a go at stretching until week 12. New growth is worse in the middle but my edges aren’t bad. Nothing gel, water and a scarf won’t lay down.

LushLox

I have a few knots, and there I was just saying a few days ago that, ohhh my hair feels so manageable. :ohwell:

Nevermind its not too bad, it’s not matted or anything thankfully, nothing that some conditioner and/or oil won’t fix.

I need to repurchase some more Affirm relaxer kits.

lorr1e1

4C (natural) currently relaxed (Mizani)
I was about 14 weeks post until I relaxed last week with Mizani sensitive scalp (no lye) relaxer. I was surprised that it got me bone straight as I always go for extra strength in other brands as I have 4c coarse/resistant hair.

This Mizani one only comes in one strength which is odd but it works and it doesn't smell once you add and mix the activator it's the best relaxer I ever used I'm happy with it.

Last edited:

LushLox

I was about 14 weeks post until I relaxed last week with Mizani sensitive scalp (no lye) relaxer. I was surprised that it got me bone straight as I always go for extra strength in other brands as I have 4c coarse/resistant hair.

This Mizani one only comes in one strength which is odd but it works and it doesn't smell once you add and mix the activator it's the best relaxer I ever used I'm happy with it.

Its great when you find a relaxer that you’re happy with. I feel the same way about Affirm, I’ll never use a different brand now. I don’t even think it’s that expensive. Sometimes in life you get what you pay for.

sunnieb

Wow! Look at all the super stretchers!!! I used to ride with y'all.

Now I'm 5 weeks post planning to relax in 3 weeks. :)

I heard about a new black woman owned beauty supply in the area that I want to check out. Hope I can go in there and load up on all my relaxer supplies. Would love to help keep her business up and running. :)

KhandiB

Hi Ladies :D

Its been a long time since Ive been in here.

I cannot remember the last time I relaxed my hair, Its definitely been about 5 months though lol.

Going protective for the next 6 months or so, braids, wigs etc. with a flat iron here or there.

My hair feels so light, I dont know how else to explain it, and not in a good way. Like I feel like its really thin, and then I blowdry it and it is just so full.

Bleh anyways. Hope everyone is holding up well!! <3

LushLox

I think I’m going to try for six months post too but I’m really going to play it by ear, I’ll feel no qualms in ending it early. I should at least be able to get to 20 weeks.

Thank god for working from home; hair has just been in two pocohontas plaits and I’m just moisturising as needed, still only combing on wash day.

LushLox

I realised that I’ve been using a lot of SLS shampoos lately. I thought I’d better give my hair a break from it and switch to SLS free shampoo for a while, especially as I’m entering into the last few weeks of my stretch. I bought, and will be using Moroccanoil Repairing shampoo which is amazing.

MamaBear2012

Whew! I haven't been on this hair side in YEARS. But it's been about 10 years since my last relaxer. But I think I'm going to relax next week.

When I was relaxed I was waist length. I did all kinds of styles. I loved it. My hair is incredibly thick and I basically twist it or put it in a puff. I've had enough of that.

So...we'll see.

LushLox

Whew! I haven't been on this hair side in YEARS. But it's been about 10 years since my last relaxer. But I think I'm going to relax next week.

When I was relaxed I was waist length. I did all kinds of styles. I loved it. My hair is incredibly thick and I basically twist it or put it in a puff. I've had enough of that.

So...we'll see.

Wow, welcome back to the dark side :sekret:, I’m sure you’re going to love it. Will you get your hair done by a professional or will you self relax?

LushLox

Have you guys seen this? I got anxiety watching it. It’s worth watching just for what she does in the middle of the vid. I’m praying for her hair.