Relaxed Heads: How many weeks post relaxer are you and when is your next touch up???

LushLox

I got a new job so that means I won't be WFH as much, three days a week so that's still not bad. I've made a lot of progress in the last year and I don't want to ruin it by doing my hair all the time. I've already got some hair styles in mind, as I need to look professional even if I am X number of weeks post.

secretdiamond

So, I bit the bullet and relaxed last weekend, Dec 4th.

The new growth was too much for me to wait until Jan!

I can officially say that I'm texlaxed, now that 2 relaxers in a row ended up with more texture than anticipated. I'm not mad though. It's because I use the mild version. My hair feels healthy and thick, especially my left side --- which I've learned is simply due to more density and thicker strands on that side, than the right.

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Idk how many weeks past, but on the days I wanted to relax, I kept waking up sweaty. Now it's actually cool, I'm doing crochet braids :lachen: I guess I'll get there when I get there lol.

LushLox

I'm 1.5 weeks post and planning to relax at around 16 weeks post, which seems to be the best time for me to relax.

How often are you guys using protein, and at what strength?

I just used the Aphogee Strengthening Kit, which is an outstanding protein treatment. I've used it before but I don't think I've appreciated just how good it is and I think it's been a key component as to why I have retained my growth. It's quite a strong protein though so my focus for the next few weeks will be on moisture with a little shot of protein now and again eg protein leave ins. This seems to offer such a good balance for me.

sunnieb

@LushLox I use Nexxus Keraphix Protein Conditioner for Damaged Hair every 3 weeks. I used to to it every 2 weeks, but my hair didn't seem to need out that often anymore. I lookout for signs of breakage to determine if I need to increase usage.

secretdiamond

I'm 1.5 weeks post and planning to relax at around 16 weeks post, which seems to be the best time for me to relax.

How often are you guys using protein, and at what strength?

I just used the Aphogee Strengthening Kit, which is an outstanding protein treatment. I've used it before but I don't think I've appreciated just how good it is and I think it's been a key component as to why I have retained my growth. It's quite a strong protein though so my focus for the next few weeks will be on moisture with a little shot of protein now and again eg protein leave ins. This seems to offer such a good balance for me.

I used to use Nexxus Polydermic Reconstructor (aka the old Emergencee) every few weeks, that is now discontinued. I still have some left over, but I have switched to the Aphogee (2-step) to replace it. I don't follow the directions though. I stopped using it years ago due to the need to have it dry with heat, then going back in the shower to wash it out. I didn't like the stiff feeling it left my hair and was always paranoid the wrong move would cause my hair to snap before it was fully washed out.

So, I have been using it the way I did with Nexxus. lol. This way, I'm still getting some hardcore protein. It's been working fine so far. True test will be if it helps to stop the unbelievable shedding I've had from Selsun medicated shampoo. :nono:

LushLox

I used to use Nexxus Polydermic Reconstructor (aka the old Emergencee) every few weeks, that is now discontinued. I still have some left over, but I have switched to the Aphogee (2-step) to replace it. I don't follow the directions though. I stopped using it years ago due to the need to have it dry with heat, then going back in the shower to wash it out. I didn't like the stiff feeling it left my hair and was always paranoid the wrong move would cause my hair to snap before it was fully washed out.

So, I have been using it the way I did with Nexxus. lol. This way, I'm still getting some hardcore protein. It's been working fine so far. True test will be if it helps to stop the unbelievable shedding I've had from Selsun medicated shampoo. :nono:

Did you see Chicoro’s amazing post on her whipped Aphogee https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...aphogee-2-step-protein-treatment-pics.808623/

Sounds good I’m just not one for whipping things up, I’m too lazy I just like my treatments ready made. If I’m ever in a pinch though this maybe an option.

secretdiamond

Did you see Chicoro’s amazing post on her whipped Aphogee https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...aphogee-2-step-protein-treatment-pics.808623/

Sounds good I’m just not one for whipping things up, I’m too lazy I just like my treatments ready made. If I’m ever in a pinch though this maybe an option.

Thanks, I've seen the whipped trick! I don't mind how liquid the product is though. I just hate the need for it to become rock hard to work. :nono:
But, your comment about the protein leave in is something I have been meaning to add to my regimen -- and keep forgetting. :lol: Going to look into that!