Relaxed heads protective styles?

MzV1991

What are some protective styles you should wear your hair?

I usually pin curl my hair or wrap and tie it down with a satin tie head or if im im going out i put my hair in a bun or pin it up

But im wondering are there any other styles to be more creative...that i can wear on my hair and would protect it?

SelfStyled

Buns, ponies, phony ponies, half wigs, full wigs, french braids, french twists, cornrolls, individual braids.

There really are so many. My favs are half wigs, and french braids.

taz007

I currently have my hair in French braids, but I like buns, and cornrows under a half wig.

My goal this summer is to get more creative with the protective styles.

belldandy

i used to wear a pony tail when my hair was shorter and it wasn't rubbing against anything. i am not sure if you guys would consider this a protective style though

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Right now....I'm Liking Wigs & Phony Buns. I am still undecided which I will do for the Summer Months?:scratchch

Protective Styles ROCK!:woot:

panamoni

Buns have worked well for me.
Right now I'm in a weave. My only concern is the leave out hair in the front -- I've been using too much direct heat on it over the past month...so make sure you have a good plan for taking care of that hair. I'm still learning.

sunnieb

Buns, buns, buns!!! Here are a few pics from 2009 when I was SL and a little beyond:

I had no styling ability (it's still a bit shaky), so I would just moisturize, twist, and clip with a flexit-8.

Mjon912

Side braid with braidout in a banana clip is my fave style, I wear it year round...I like beanies too but not all of the time, my buns are pretty boring

Attachments

• img_3888633769.jpg
    img_3888633769.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 331
  • ForumRunner_20120523_181103.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120523_181103.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 86
  • ForumRunner_20120523_181444.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120523_181444.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 93

JJamiah

Buns, Wigs, Phony Pony's I am wearing a nice gelled up Phony pony right now. I think for the summer when I go on vacation I will wear a nice phony pony, CUTE as heck and off my neck :)

IMFOCSD

I love wigs, buns and updo wng's

ForumRunner_20120523_191150.jpg
My style today, 2twists pinned under and a hair zing.

ForumRunner_20120523_191347.jpg

ForumRunner_20120523_191516.jpg

ForumRunner_20120523_191635.jpg

ForumRunner_20120523_191804.jpg

ForumRunner_20120523_191902.jpg
Last but not least...a bun that I never wear outside, maybe when my hair reaches bsb/bsl

bebezazueta

I'm just learning to Dutch braid & I either wear it like that or a braid out. Here are some pics:

ETA: my phone on crack. Sorry for all the Same pics being posted

Attachments

• image-750384424.jpg
    image-750384424.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image-3593797082.jpg
    image-3593797082.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 54
  • image-2580519046.jpg
    image-2580519046.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 37
  • image-2689577126.jpg
    image-2689577126.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 34
  • image-4117972167.jpg
    image-4117972167.jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 35
  • image-3896008551.jpg
    image-3896008551.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Loving

For the life of me I can't get that Serenity bun down. I have watched many youtube videos to no avail. My go to PS style is a regular, boring bun...:ohwell:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Loving, I'm hit or miss. I tend to do it over the weekend when I don't need my hair looking neat and well put in place. The messy hair look just doesn't flow with my business suits (IMO).

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I love my boring inverted single french braid, its my best protective style. I bun for about 2 days after my weekly wash/DC to make sure my hair is very moisturized prior to braiding and then by day 3, I moisturizer and seal again and massage my scalp before braiding. I spray my hair with plain water and seal with coconut oil or hairveda vatika frosting twice a day. If when I feel through to my NG and it feels really dry, I'll take my braid down (only finger comb), spray my NG and the length of my hair with water, then M&S and re-braid. I'm looking for ways to accessorize this but nevertheless, this is how I am babying my nape and growing my fine strands to APL.

Last edited:

JJamiah

One day, I am going to take a trip to divachyk house and get a lesson on bunning LOL :) as always be u t ful buns :)

hillytmj

I bun it up. I now do it with a jaw clip and take the length and wrap it around the clip to cover it. This gives me a fuller looking bun than the ones I used to have when I made buns with scrunchies.

I saw this bun product on the Today show and ordered one this week. I'll let ya'll know if it really works because I hate putting a lot of bobby pins in my hair.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
luving me said:
^^^beautiful braid...I need to tighten up my braiding skills.

Thank you! I watched a few YouTube videos and got on the first try and have been doing it since.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@hillytmj, the bun thing looks interesting. I have something similar but never used it because the little teeth were digging into my hair more than I liked. Yours seem to be without teeth so that's a plus. You might should use a silk scarf and place it over the bun maker to avoid the material from drying out your hair. Please let us know how it works.

hillytmj

@hillytmj, the bun thing looks interesting. I have something similar but never used it because the little teeth were digging into my hair more than I liked. Yours seem to be without teeth so that's a plus. You might should use a silk scarf and place it over the bun maker to avoid the material from drying out your hair. Please let us know how it works.

Thanks, dyvachyk. I was thinking the same thing because the material looks like it's felt or something like that. I hope it works because I've had a lot of stray hairs hanging outside of my bun every since I added a few layers to my hair.

Britt

When my hair gets longer, I'll bun it. Until then, I guess it's not much protecting going on as I either wear it down or in a ponytail :lol: