sunnieb

What's the best moisturizing conditioner for your relaxed hair?

What do you use for a protein conditioner?

I've used Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner for years with fabulous results. Lately, I've noticed this product harder to find. In it's place is the Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Replenishing Conditioner (Concentrated Protein). I accidentally bought the protein conditioner and that's cool, because I needed some any way. Did they stop producing the Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner????

Anyhoo, I'm on the lookout for a new moisturizing conditioner. I've been thinking of going back to my old Motions Moisture Plus, but wanted to see what you ladies are using.

Aggie

Moisture:

Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm
Matrix Bioage Aqua-Immersion Conditioning Mask
Redken All Soft Heavy Cream
Kerastase Reflection Chroma Riche Mask

Protein:

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Treatment Mask
Keracare Intensive Restorative Mask
Redken Extreme Builder Plus
Keracare 5-in-1 Reconstructor

There are more but these are currently at the top of my list. Some of my DCs, I have not even used as yet and I have a lot:grin:

nymane

Moisturizing DC
Silicon Mix Treatment - the best DC for my high porosity strands and for moisture retention. I've been using it for 7 years....love it.

Protein Conditioner & Treatment
  • Aphogee Two-step Treatment - nothing repairs and strengthens my hair like this treatment. As a relaxed head, I definitely need to regularly rebuild the protein bonds in order to retain length and health and this takes care of that.

**Nexxus Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor - I don't use this very often, but it was a God-send when I had extreme moisture overload, and my strands were so fragile, they couldn't handle Aphogee 2-step. This treatment stopped the "velcro-effect" when my strands felt like cobwebs.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I haven't tried any store bought DC'S but I do like Naturelle Grow Marshmallow Root DC. Ok, I lied I did try the Silicon Mix DC. Doesn't really feel moisturizing.

sunnieb

About to dc with Nexxus Humectress Caviar Complex. Hope my hair loves it!

This is definitely a protein based conditioner. Don't let the 'Humectress' label fool you! As I was rinsing it out, the softness was amazing. But, I felt the slight non-softness that's usually associated with protein conditioners. My hair airdried soft and bouncy, so this is a keeper.

I'm thinking of trying Keracare for a moisturizing conditioner next. So many of you like that brand - I might be missing out! :D

danysedai

This is definitely a protein based conditioner. Don't let the 'Humectress' label fool you! As I was rinsing it out, the softness was amazing. But, I felt the slight non-softness that's usually associated with protein conditioners. My hair airdried soft and bouncy, so this is a keeper.

I'm thinking of trying Keracare for a moisturizing conditioner next. So many of you like that brand - I might be missing out! :D
I've been meaning to try Keracare Humecto for yearsssssssss (since Macherieamour who was the poster child for Keracare) but always didn't as my local BSS only carried the bottle and not the tub and people here always said the one in the tub was different. Recently Dr Sayd of Avlon (Keracare) said that the one in the bottle is the same formula as the one in the tub so I'm ready to try it. Other people said Mizani Moisturefuse was better than Humecto, idk.

For me, a mix of Silicon Mix with Alter Ego coconut mask gives me the best results.

sunnieb

Total blast from the past! I used to check her website daily. :)

I've been meaning to try Keracare Humecto for yearsssssssss (since Macherieamour who was the poster child for Keracare) but always didn't as my local BSS only carried the bottle and not the tub and people here always said the one in the tub was different. Recently Dr Sayd of Avlon (Keracare) said that the one in the bottle is the same formula as the one in the tub so I'm ready to try it. Other people said Mizani Moisturefuse was better than Humecto, idk.

For me, a mix of Silicon Mix with Alter Ego coconut mask gives me the best results.

grow

I just added a whipped banana and a whipped egg to my ayurveda mix and LOVED it!!!

....gotta add more oil and rinse on cool though.

I also adore Jane Carter's replinishing conditioner. Works wonders. Oh, and all AO products, especially GPB and HSR.

InBloom

In my new-growth
I just added a whipped banana and a whipped egg to my ayurveda mix and LOVED it!!!

I also adore Jane Carter's replinishing conditioner. Works wonders. Oh, and all AO products, especially GPB and HSR.

Have you been a long time HSR user? And if so, did you notice any changes in the last year or so with its moisturizing effectiveness?

sunnieb

What's the banana and egg for?

grow

Have you been a long time HSR user? And if so, did you notice any changes in the last year or so with its moisturizing effectiveness?
Hi @InBloom , i started using AO HSR about 4 or 5 years ago and yes, it's changed slightly, but still does the trick! I also change it up with the other conditioners i use regularly, so my head has never gotten too used to it. Hth

grow

What's the banana and egg for?
Banana is moisturizing and the egg is protein, together that's nature's powerful treatment:) if you try it, make sure to use lots of oil and not to rinse on hot so that it can slide down your hair instead of getting stuck.

I just made a fresh batch with glycerine in it to help the slip. Also threw in some ayurveda and oinion/garlic and cucumber juice (high in sulfur and silica) .....with black and green teas to end shedding.

I will see if I can find the links i read but google those ingredients, our scalps love them:)

Nayeli

Kenra MC. It beats every moisturizing conditioner I've ever tried, from Keracare Humecto to the Sally's version of Nexxus I adored for many years.
The only other MC I'm remotely interested in trying is the Joico balm, as I've heard so many good things about it.

ETA - for protein, I use Aphogee 2-min - I have no plans of changing and have probably used this for close to ten years. I also bought the Nexxus caviar like you did (by mistake) - nothing magical as you said.

sunnieb

CVS only had the smaller bottles of the Humectress Moisturizing conditioner, and they only had 2 bottles at that!

I usually buy the big supersize one, but I can't find it. :(

Dc'd last night and loving it! :)

sunnieb

I finally used up all of my Motions CPR.....:( Dc'ing right now.

If I can't find any this weekend, I'll have to switch to something mentioned in this thread. :nervous2: