sunnieb

I used the last of the ion Moisture conditioner tonight. It's been ok for my hair, but I'm going to try something else for next week's dc.

I'm looking for that 'Wow' factor like I used to get with the old Nexxus formula.

sunnieb

@SuchaLady can't wait for your review!

I might try Design Essentials conditioner when I relax in a few weeks.

The Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner looks promising.

design-essentials-natural-moisturizing-conditioner.jpg

SuchaLady

Well looks like at least one item is going back :look:

The shampoo is horrible. HORRIBLE!! There is no way that is sulfate free. After one wash, it was almost as if I was shampooing broom sticks. Absolute no from me.

I couldn't try the protein treatment because I was too afraid to put it on my hair; it was that dry and brittle.

The conditioner is actually okay. I think it wouldve performed better if I didn't start out with hair that parched.

The jury is out on the moisture butter. It's really just solid oil being that water is the first ingredient but the majority of ingredients after that is an oil.

SuchaLady

@sunnieb I almost picked that up instead Monday and it looks like I should have :ohwell: If you get a minute run to your JCP and see if it's on sale in the salon still. I got mine buy one get one half off.

sunnieb

@sunnieb I almost picked that up instead Monday and it looks like I should have :ohwell: If you get a minute run to your JCP and see if it's on sale in the salon still. I got mine buy one get one half off.

Dangit! I was right next to JCP at another store today! I didn't even think of going in there for conditioner! :fistshake:

Sorry the shampoo didn't work out. I won't even try it now.

Evolving78

You didn't the hydrating shampoo? I've never had issues with the 1st lather, but it was always followed using the hydrating poo.
I have Design Essentials too. I have three different shampoos. The natural shampoo is really nice and it does help with detangling.

Rozlewis

The shampoo is horrible. HORRIBLE!! There is no way that is sulfate free. After one wash, it was almost as if I was shampooing broom sticks. Absolute no from me.

I couldn't try the protein treatment because I was too afraid to put it on my hair; it was that dry and brittle.

The conditioner is actually okay. I think it wouldve performed better if I didn't start out with hair that parched.

The jury is out on the moisture butter. It's really just solid oil being that water is the first ingredient but the majority of ingredients after that is an oil.

@SuchaLady

I always used the 1st Lather as a clarifying poo followed by the Hydrating Detangling Poo. It worked fine for me. I am sorry you had these results.

SuchaLady

Dangit! I was right next to JCP at another store today! I didn't even think of going in there for conditioner! :fistshake:

Sorry the shampoo didn't work out. I won't even try it now.

You didn't the hydrating shampoo? I've never had issues with the 1st lather, but it was always followed using the hydrating poo.
I have Design Essentials too. I have three different shampoos. The natural shampoo is really nice and it does help with detangling.

@SuchaLady

I always used the 1st Lather as a clarifying poo followed by the Hydrating Detangling Poo. It worked fine for me. I am sorry you had these results.

No I didn't like the shampoo at all but it could be user error. Is it actually a clarifying? :scratchchin: I saw sulfate free and assumed moisturizing.

However, silver lining: it got rid of that flatiron smell from a blowout that had been driving me crazy :look:

sunnieb

Tried to order this online, but couldn't find it in stock. I'll see if JCP has it at the store today.
--------------------------

What is this product?
DESIGN ESSENTIALS® STIMULATIONS SUPER MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER is for especially dry hair with essential botanicals and a refreshing aroma-therapeutic peppermint scent that calms and soothes the scalp.

More info:

• Jojoba Oil, Aloe Vera Oil and Peppermint calms, soothes and stimulates the scalp
  • Wheat Protein and Panthenol deeply conditions, strengthens and replenishes the hair with moisture
  • Leaves the hair with a healthy shine
  • Quickly softens, detangles and smoothes the hair cuticles
design-essentials-stimulations-super-moisturizing-conditioner.jpg

Evolving78

Tried to order this online, but couldn't find it in stock. I'll see if JCP has it at the store today.
--------------------------

What is this product?
DESIGN ESSENTIALS® STIMULATIONS SUPER MOISTURIZING CONDITIONER is for especially dry hair with essential botanicals and a refreshing aroma-therapeutic peppermint scent that calms and soothes the scalp.

More info:

• Jojoba Oil, Aloe Vera Oil and Peppermint calms, soothes and stimulates the scalp
  • Wheat Protein and Panthenol deeply conditions, strengthens and replenishes the hair with moisture
  • Leaves the hair with a healthy shine
  • Quickly softens, detangles and smoothes the hair cuticles
View attachment 389321
I have the Rosemary one. It's nice.

Evolving78

I need to get some more ORS replenishing. I dc'ed with it today, and my hair feels really good. Since I don't wanna order what I really want, I will go with this. My hair really needs a balancing conditioner, so I don't have to moisturized my hair too often. I got these high porous colored ends, so they need protein and moisture.

sunnieb

I need to stop being cheap and purchase the Moroccan Oil line, Kerastase, and Olaplex. That is really I want this year as far as new products.

How much this stuff cost?

I'm not cheap with my haircare, but I ain't trying to break the bank either!

sunnieb

I'm very impressed with the Motions conditioner.

I washed tonight and dc'ing now. I'm 15 weeks post and the conditioner really penetrated and gave excellent slip. Can't wait to rinse and see how it goes.

Aggie

@SuchaLady

1st Lather is a clarifying shampoo and it is supposed to be followed up with the Keracare Detangling and Moisturizing Shampoo. The 1st lather by itself can leave the hair feeling a little stripped but the detangling poo brings it right back to normalcy. They work really well when used this way. I use Elucence clarifying and moisturizing shampoos the same way.

demlew

I'm very impressed with the Motions conditioner.

I washed tonight and dc'ing now. I'm 15 weeks post and the conditioner really penetrated and gave excellent slip. Can't wait to rinse and see how it goes.

How did it go? I'm trying to stretch - I'm at 11 weeks. I'm bowing down to you, btw lol

Evolving78

I need to stop being cheap and purchase the Moroccan Oil line, Kerastase, and Olaplex. That is really I want this year as far as new products.
I wanna try those brands, but I don't know what for? lol I don't understand the Olaplex. What is it, and what does it do. That thread is all over the place.

SuchaLady

How much this stuff cost?

I'm not cheap with my haircare, but I ain't trying to break the bank either!

Morrocan Oil and Kerastase are about $50-$60 :look:

Olaplex is $30 but people swear by those treatments. You don't have much breakage so I'm not sure if would benefit you.

Sorry for the late response. I have a lot going on :eek:

Holla

I've been using Keracare for about 20 years. The 1st lather is a CLARIFYING shampoo. It is meant to strip the hair of all buildup. You used it without understanding that.

The hydrating poo is the most moisturizing shampoo on the market. I have tried so many other shampoos and I ALWAYS come back to Keracare hydrating poo. I have even used it after trying conditioners that weren't as moisturizing as I had hoped.

If you only used the 1st lather and nothing else, you got EXACTLY what you should have: clarified hair.

I purchased the KeraCare line Monday and I'm about to use it now. Will report back.

View attachment 388255 View attachment 388259

Holla

I am now natural (with color but no perm). I picked up a jar of an old favorite: Silicon mix conditioner. That worked great for me when I was relaxed. Used it as a natural and it is still good. Great for detangling!

It does build up so you will NEED to clarify when using that conditioner. Like every other use ....clarify for best results.