relaxed heads

4mia

Do you spritz with water and seal to moisturize?
How do you moisturize on dry hair and what products?

TIA

bahamababe242

I spritz with a homemade blend of glycerin, coconut oil & suave humectant and seal with jbco

If I'm too lazy to throw my blend together I use elastase qp leave ins

spellinto

I used to do this earlier in my HJ because I was still learning how to retain moisture with my porous strands. I used to section my hair into quadrants, spritz with warm water, moisturize, and apply oil (or just mix the moisturizer & oil together). Now I don't spritz to moisturize...mainly because I've found moisturizers that work well without the additional help...but spraying with water can definitely work :yep:

I do the same thing on dry hair now: 4 sections, moisturize, seal. I am currently loving Darcy Botanical's Daily Conditioner :lick: (don't quote me though, I just started using it). Before, I used NTM leave-in for a VERY long time. I seal with Africa's Best Herbal Oil for ceramides.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
No, water only spritzing feels great at first but then dehydrates my hair in the long run. I section my hair in small quadrants and moisturize.

Annabelle's Perfect Blends Hair Creme
Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer
Mizani H20
Diluted conditioner

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I don't use any liquid. A good moisturizer and then deal with a good oil. I normally use PuraBody Naturals Murumuru Moistuure Milk and deal with a ceramide oil like rice bran. Then I usually wrap my hair so that the ends don't clump.

irisak

After a wash I use curls lavish curls moisturizer, followed by Cantu and coconut oil to seal if I'm going to wear it curly or in a braid out. For straight hair I use NTM. I very rarely moisturize after wash day unless I'm co washing because my hair threatens to break up with me when I moisturizer too often.

sunnieb

At the beginning of my HHJ, I carried my spritz mix with me everywhere. It was just water, Herbal Essence, and a squirt of Hot 6 Oil. I think my hair was just so dry and over processed back then.

As my hair got healthier, I didn't need spritz anymore. My regular M&S was enough.