Relaxed ladies.. Braid out vs Rollerset for length retention

Braid outs vs Rollersets for length retention

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

loved

I used to do braidouts that consisted of about 12 braids with the top half of the length braided, the bottom half set on straws. I used gel on the hair & bergamot grease on the ends & allowed it to air dry. That's the healthiest my hair has ever been.

My back edges tend to break with ponytails/buns even though they're not pulled tight.

TLC1020

abcd09 Once I finish conditioning, I use foam wrap lotion to mold my hair down, put on a scarf and sit under hood dryer so my edges will be smooth and flat. Once all of my hair is dry that is when put it in a bun. I have been doing this for so long that it just work for me. :yep:

@TLC1020 so you bun right after you wash? Do you pull your hair taut? No tangling issues?

lonei

I rollerset and have done so for the past 7 years. I only rollerset once every 3 weeks and as long as I pincurl nightly, I don't have to comb it. It has really helped me to retain my length. I use to love braidouts as it cut my 6 hour washing and rollersetting process in half, however, day 2 of my braid out would begin to look like a rats nest and it would begin to get very dry and tangled. For low manipulation and retention, I vote rollerset!!!

blackberry815

I rollerset and have done so for the past 7 years. I only rollerset once every 3 weeks and as long as I pincurl nightly, I don't have to comb it. It has really helped me to retain my length. I use to love braidouts as it cut my 6 hour washing and rollersetting process in half, however, day 2 of my braid out would begin to look like a rats nest and it would begin to get very dry and tangled. For low manipulation and retention, I vote rollerset!!!

lonei do you moisturize and seal daily? Does ur hair feel dry after the 3 weeks? Do u suffer any kind of dryness or damage for going so long without a deep condition? Also do u comb daily?

Thx

Aggie

I don't like either but if I had to choose from the lesser of the two, it would be rollersets because it would be less tangling issues for me. Although I have to admit, I hate sleeping with rollers in my hair because it's painful for me, but braidouts are easier to sleep in.