RELAXED LADIES-SCALP RELIEF? HELP

LaidBak

Base your scalp well before you relax.
Use emu oil on your scalp for the week after you relax. Its super moisturizing and has anti inflammatory properties. A little goes a long way.

BadMamaJama

DDTexlaxed Shea Moisture Moisture Retention is really good. I used it on my natural hair and I just relaxed my hair this past Friday and washed it on Sunday and my hair liked it.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I agree with LaidBak I find emu oil very soothing. Aloe vera too works well; I mix them both together when i have scalp issues.

Good luck to you, i hope you achieve your goals this time.

Last edited:

MuseofTroy

DDTexlaxed you need to not do too much to your hair. You are relaxed again? What is your hair goal? Are you looking for health or length? If you are seeking both you need to be patient and stick to one thing for a while.

You have been here since 2004 and I have been since 2006 and I have never seen you get past jaw length. One week you are transitioning, one week you are natural, one week you are texlaxed, one week you BC, one week you a texturized, one week relaxed. Hair takes patience and dedication. Trying something new every 1 or three months is not helpful to your hair. You don't have to try every and anything you see others try. This is coming from a reformed PJ. I'm not going to give you advice on relaxed hair because I think you need to give your hair a break. I'm not saying this to be mean or malicious, but you have been here long enough to know what you should and should not be doing. At this point people should be coming to you for advice.

The only advice I can give you about hair care is, it wants to be : Washed, Moisturized, protected and left the heck alone. If you ask any person with shoulder length to ankle length hair that is what they would tell you. Starting these threads is futile if you are not patient. I wish you luck. This is coming from a good place.

Finally someone is speaking truth to this girl.

DD...leave your hair alone seriously. Your hair is never going to grow if you keep messing with it. You've been on LHCF for almost ten years and still don't know how to manage your hair? In ten years you should have some decent length by now. At this point I recommend that you wear some braids and leave it alone for a few months. There is no magic to growing hair. Keep a good moisture/protein balance, eat right, keep your scalp clean, and wear protective styles. That's it.

Aireen

For scalp relief, I use KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp Conditioner. I rub it all over the scalp after shampooing, put the usual plastic cap over my head, then let it sit for 15-20 minutes. It has zinc pyrithione which is used in many scalp care products to relief itching, fungus, and dry scalp. It also has menthol to give the scalp a cool feeling. This is the only product that has worked for me and I actually have a scalp condition that no other product has really given relief for. I tried co-washing with this but got bad build-up. Don't use this in a rush, it needs at least 15 minutes to work — I minimize it to 10 minutes if I use it frequently. Most relaxed heads like Keracare a lot, I'm one of them, hope this helps.

Evolving78

i love Nioxin shampoo and conditioner for chemically treated/fine hair. or Keracare dry and itchy scalp shampoo.

Evolving78

come to the relaxed hair buddy challenge and the relaxed thread. you need a buddy or a thread where you can be comfortable to post pics an ask for advice. also you can have a buddy help you with building a solid reggie. i have been here just as long and i love to change things up. i can go from natural, color, relaxed, etc.... that's just how i work. nothing wrong with changing things up. but as far as for getting the length that you want, team up with someone to help you along the way.

what is your current length right now? maybe you can join the SL, APL, or BSL challenge??

prettygrl

Personally I like scalpacin and Keracare anti itch products. Hth.. Just cause you add "this is coming from a good place" doesn't make it so. Exactly why I like to lurk. Can't stand drama.

Iluvsmuhgrass

DDTexlaxed I alternate between QB amla pomade and OM Scalp Therapy. Out of the two, I'd have to say that the latter is my absolute favorite. I love QB's amla pomade on my hair and scalp but when my scalp needs a treat, I opt for OMST. The sensation is divine and my scalp feels really great. It's not heavy, it's cooling and soothing simultaneously and a little goes a long way. They're both great for scalp massages. Different products but both are good. If you need that extra kick, the QB Tea Tree pomade is a few steps above the amla. I used it and bought some for my mom. She loved it. I need to buy her some more soon before she runs out.

Product-wise: I think you may need to lean more towards natural products. Since I've been doing this, I haven't had near the amount of scalp issues (itching/soreness/etc.) that I use to. I still use my Suave, HE, and MNT for co-washing from time to time... but my mainstays have been QB, Giovanni Direct, and OM. The relief I've had is awesome. I'm very happy and relatively balanced now. :yep:

Body-wise: Up your water intake and if you can, get more omega-3-6-9, msm, and natural oils into your system. You can take supplements (vitamin e, garlic, etc) or just a little bit of evoo, coconut, etc. I did this and my skin improved. Be careful with the vitamin E as it may act as a natural blood thinner. You don't want to overload on it. You can also add it to conditioners or use it straight on your scalp. :yep:

Keep me posted and inbox me to let me know if I can do anything to help.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
What is OMST? Qhemet would have been better, but it is not available.:ohwell:
@ all the ladies wondering why I relaxed, I have a husband with health problems and I chose to relax to be able to care for him. I do love natural hair, so, in the future I will most likely be natural again. I believe the relaxer gave me the itchy scalp. Thank you so much for your suggestions. I won't be on here a lot, but I will check from time to time.

Last edited:

gabulldawg

I know some think it's crazy, but I grease my scalp daily with good old grease (not oil). :yep: I have heard people claim that all relaxed heads suffer from dandruff, but I can't recall the last time that I have had a flake of dandruff (aside from sew ins when I can't get to my scalp directly). Greasing my scalp keeps it moisturized and reduced itchiness. I can definitely tell a difference when I can't grease my scalp.

Iluvsmuhgrass

What is OMST? Qhemet would have been better, but it is not available.:ohwell:
@ all the ladies wondering why I relaxed, I have a husband with health problems and I chose to relax to be able to care for him. I do love natural hair, so, in the future I will most likely be natural again. I believe the relaxer gave me the itchy scalp. Thank you so much for your suggestions. I won't be on here a lot, but I will check from time to time.

DDTexlaxed it's Original Moxie Scalp Therapy. If you'd like some of the QB amla pomade I have a little that I can share. Just let me know.

You don't owe anyone any explanations about your hair. You do what's convenient and right for you and your family. I hope your husband gets better soon. :yep: Be encouraged.