Relaxed Ladies: That Use Aveda Products Only.

ChynaDoll.K

I recently purchased the damage remedy shampoo and conditioner and the brilliant damage control spray to go along with the damage remedy treatment that ive been using.
Ive heard good things about this line and id like to finish them up but would like to hear others experinces with this line or another line from aveda.

I would like to know if anyone else has an aveda regimen?
what line ur using from aveda?
how often u use the products?
how do u use ur products?
how has it improved ur hair?
and can the brilliant humectant pomade be used as a moisturizer?

Solitude

I don't know how many people use the line exclusively, since it is so expensive. I use Scalp Benefits shampoo and conditioner, Damage Remedy shampoo and the intensive treatment, and the Smooth Infusion glossifier. Right now, I use Scalp Benefits for one wash, and a protein shampoo for the other; either Dry Remedy or Aphogee.

Scalp Benefits shampoo is gentle, but the smell is weird. Doesn't bother me, but it is very woodsy. The conditioner is light, but it works for me. It softens my hair like all Aveda products.

Damage Remedy is wonderful. It makes my hair soo soft. I don't care for the intensive treatment; I prefer the regular conditoner. I also love the smell. I feel like my hair would be so happy if this was the only shampoo/conditoner set I used.

Smooth Infusion is wonderful for blowdrying/flat-ironing. It makes my hair so light and bouncy, it's amazing.

I've never tried the Brilliant Line...

*Off topic, but the Aveda skin care products did nothing for me. Like literally, nothing.

HTH

Minty

There are a few ladies that use the Aveda line - almost exclusively. Keep bumping.

panama_princess6

I haven't tried the brilliant humectant... before they discontinued it I used the sap moss but it had a very earthy smell that I didnt care for, but I hear its the same as dry remedy. I also tried smooth infusion and I love the way it made my hair feel after I flat ironed it.

I have never really used the line exclusively due to the price and I can't afford to just buy products I'm not sure of and then throw them away, but they do have some great products.

Last edited:

Zawaj

85% of my products are Aveda. I use Damage Remedy and the Brilliant entire line except the shampoo. I have for the better part of 5 years.

I shampoo once a week w/DR.
I sometime prepoo with the Brilliant condish or the DRT
My hair simply likes the products and feels strong.
I don't think the pomade could be used as a moisturizer. I use it for flyaways and for sealing sometimes.

I use Oyin Honeyhemp conditioner, Oyin Juices and Berries, Hairveda Hibiscus Oil, and JBCO in addition to Aveda.