Relaxed ladies who use MSM

demlew

Hey everybody! I impulsively bought a jar of sublimed MSM and am wondering what is the best way to use it.

1. When it’s time to relax your hair, what timeframe do you stop using it/start up again? For instance, do you wait a week after relaxing? Im wondering about chemical interaction I guess? Idk…

2. How do you apply it? In a carrier oil or is it possible to incorporate into a grease/pomade?

3. Any tips you’d like to share?
TIA!

MzSwift

Good question!
I take mine internally. I've just now learned that there's an external oil. What you're explaining sounds a lot like sulfur. I remember that ladies used to have to stop a week or so before relaxing. I think that member Njoy stopped hers a bit before but would use it immediately after relaxing.

demlew

Good question!
I take mine internally. I've just now learned that there's an external oil. What you're explaining sounds a lot like sulfur. I remember that ladies used to have to stop a week or so before relaxing. I think that member Njoy stopped hers a bit before but would use it immediately after relaxing.
Thanks for the tips! And you're correct, it's sulfur. I also have some of the crystals to take internally, but was never consistent smh I'll get it together!

MzSwift

Thanks for the tips! And you're correct, it's sulfur. I also have some of the crystals to take internally, but was never consistent smh I'll get it together!

Lol! Don't be too hard on yourself, those crystals were disgusting!! I used to take them in a shot glass with water and then follow it up with my tea. I was being all hardcore bc the ladies on here were saying to take it in its purest form for maximum effect. It's one of those things I'm toning down this time, though. Lol. I've found capsules. So much easier to take and I'm still seeing the effects. I think it changes the texture of my new growth.

demlew

Lol! Don't be too hard on yourself, those crystals were disgusting!! I used to take them in a shot glass with water and then follow it up with my tea. I was being all hardcore bc the ladies on here were saying to take it in its purest form for maximum effect. It's one of those things I'm toning down this time, though. Lol. I've found capsules. So much easier to take and I'm still seeing the effects. I think it changes the texture of my new growth.
I was scrolling and came across this thread. I completely forgot about MSM just that quick :lachen: sigh. Thanks for the advice