Relaxed ladies with long hair

nymane

You ladies are an inspiration to me because I want to keep getting my hair relaxed yet still achieve lengths. It seems like we all have relaxer stretching in common to reach goals, but can you all post & tell me how long some of you stretch your relaxer? I am almost going on 13 weeks already and I'm about over all this NG...and I'm only in the middle of the stretch.
Do you get braids or weaves to help you through it?
Does anyone just continue to bun & style your own hair even at 15, 20, or 25 weeks post (and not have tons of breakage and broken combs from the tough texture)? Please respond. TIA

I stretch for 6-7 months and my main styles are braid outs and flexi-rod sets...I don't use braids, weaves etc...

I DC weekly with Silicon Mix :lick: and I pre-poo (Suave Coconut) followed by co-washing 1-2x a week...this keeps my new growth moisturized and manageable

My hair type is coarse 4b/a

teacherjess

I stretch for 6-7 months and my main styles are braid outs and flexi-rod sets...I don't use braids, weaves etc...

I DC weekly with Silicon Mix :lick: and I pre-poo (Suave Coconut) followed by co-washing 1-2x a week...this keeps my new growth moisturized and manageable

My hair type is coarse 4b/a

Thank you! I'm glad to know it can be done. My hair texture is a coarse 4a/b as well. I just don't want to go the next few months looking busted (I relax Sept. 25).
Using the satin scarf to lay down new growth helps alot, and I use my flexirods to create curls too, but my roots are still so puffy. I don't want to blow dry them or flatiron---tryna do no heat:grin:

nymane

Thank you! I'm glad to know it can be done. My hair texture is a coarse 4a/b as well. I just don't want to go the next few months looking busted (I relax Sept. 25).
Using the satin scarf to lay down new growth helps alot, and I use my flexirods to create curls too, but my roots are still so puffy. I don't want to blow dry them or flatiron---tryna do no heat:grin:

I use Hairveda's Whipped Gelly to tame my roots, braid outs, and textured styles (I put a little on each section I braid or flexi-rod...on wet/damp hair)

Ms_Twana

adrienne0914

i'm not here very often, but i'm here. i almost reached waist length, but i'm going in the wrong direction now. there are many that have done it though...

EbonyCPrincess

How long did it take for your to reach APL from Neck Length? I'm currently at NL.

India

Well technically it took me 10.5 months - however my journey started because I had scalp burns and extreme overprocessing from a poorly applied and incorrectly neutralized relaxer service at a salon. So initially my hair wasn't growing much, it was just regaining health. I think you can do it much faster than I was able to achieve it if your starting point is a healthy NL....as is always said "health comes before length."

soonergirl

Relaxed checking in... On the road to MBL!! Great thread ladies!!! All you need to know about growing healthy strands are right here on this forum!!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm relaxed (for over 20 years) and past MBL, about 2 more inches to WSL.
how often do you relax?

i use to relax every 6 weeks :nono:. since joining lhcf, i'm learning that stretching can be healthier option. so, i'm "attempting" stretching and it's going pretty good. by the time i relax again (at the salon) i would have made it to about 10 or 11 post. i'll keep adding weeks as i go and hopefully i'll eventually be able to stretch for up to 6 months at a time.

There are a lot of relaxed and texlaxed women here...Myself
what advantage does texlaxing give you over relaxing and how often do you texlax?

dachsies_rule!

how often do you relax?

i use to relax every 6 weeks :nono:. since joining lhcf, i'm learning that stretching can be healthier option. so, i'm "attempting" stretching and it's going pretty good. by the time i relax again (at the salon) i would have made it to about 10 or 11 post. i'll keep adding weeks as i go and hopefully i'll eventually be able to stretch for up to 6 months at a time.

I relax every 8-9 weeks, that's as long as i can deal with the NG. :lachen:Before LHCF i relaxed every 5 weeks and i can notice a difference in retaining my length with stretching.

mixedchick01

I'm relaxed and BSL on way to MBL. wear protective styles and moisturize your ends!! retention is the hardest part. your hair will grow on its own!

Ladies, have any of you visited the salon for your relaxer and only wanted a blow out afterwards and no flat ironing? I want to tell my stylist in September that I only want her to blow dry me straight after she touches me up. The flat ironing leaves me with that yucky too-straight feeling.

MissLawyerLady

Checking in too. I was very close to BSL in that last sig pic, but because of a salon setback I'm back to about 2 inches below APL.

Happy Growing!