Relaxed Ladies with short cuts

Gemini350z

This is my first time in my life that I have ever had a short hair cut, and I am not sure what to do. I got my hair done on Tuesday, and really really want to wash it. I am used to co-washing daily or at least every other day. But I am uncertain if I should do it if I want to maintain the presence of the cut and style.

Do you ladies wash in between salon visits or do you prefer to wait until you can get into your stylist?

I have not had a relaxer since May, so I have tons a newgrowth and upon inspection my new stylist did not want to relax me my first visit. So, my relaxer appointment is set for August 5th.

My main fear is that I am not going to be able to recreate the style and the silkiness of it.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Tiffanita

I have short hair and I only go to the salon for a relaxer. I wash about 2x a week. I usually rollerset (and my hair is shorter than yours, Gemini350z, now). When my roots are really thick, I'll wrap or cross wrap it, and flat iron it after it dries. For me, the key has been finding conditioners that soften my roots so that I can stretch almost as long as I would if I had long hair.

Gemini350z

Thank you so much for the reply. Ok, so the key is softening roots and wrapping the hair to get the roots as straight as possible before flatironing?

I have never wrapped my hair, I used to just bun it at night and put on a satin scarf.

Do you wrap when your hair is wet?

Are there any tutorials on how to wrap your hair?

Sorry for all the questions!

Bublin

Hi

The advice Tiff gave was good.

Are you wanting to grow your hair long again or keep it in the short style?

If you are wanting length then the least amount of manipulation to the ends is best.

Rollerset your hair then flat iron then wrap it overnight. For the rest of the week just wrap it up at night to keep it straight without the use of flat irons.

You could do without the flatiron sometimes then wrap for a fuller look. (cross wrapping will be easier on short hair)

If you are having real trouble maintaining your hair without the assistance of a stylist then perhaps braids for a few months to gain length is the answer.

Ms. Plain Jane

Is the pic in your avatar your lates cut? If so, rollersets would make the style last longer and gives it more body. When I had a short cut I'd roller set it myself and only go to the salon for relaxers and shape ups for my kitchen, lol.