Relaxed-Laying the hair down

Relentless

Reinventing
Ok, can someone help me out. I'll wash my hair and then use my leave in's which are Lacio Lacio or Redkin Anti Snap. I'll put gel on the front and sides to try to lay it down.

The problem is my hair gets so hard. I've tried all types of gel, such as Fantasia Olive Gel, Pink Oil Gel, The Brown gels (can't recall the name). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I like to wear my hair in a bun as often as possible, but I can't stand the hardness from the gels. I'm starting to feel like I'll have to blow dry that part as well and use pomade. Can someone offer other suggestions?

I like Organic root stimulator's hold pudding. It gives a light/medium hold without the hardness that comes with traditional gels. I apply is to my edges, brush it back, put on my scarf and go to bed. In the morning my edges are laying down without the hardness that comes with gel. HTH!

ORS Edge Control + Scarf Method should give you a nice hold all day long with no crunch.

When I was wearing a Bun, I would apply my Leave-In and maybe some Serum (I was using Fantasia IC Frizz Buster) and I would dry hair about 80% under the dryer.:yep:

And then I would apply my scarf and finish drying it (Scarf Method). My hair was smooth and moisturized. Not hard at all.

ITA with the scarf method...the method of keeping your edges down with a scarf (ideally right after washing) is the most important thing imo

Agreed with the "scarf-method". Whether I deep condition or blow dry I don't have to add anything extra to lay down my edges since the scarf does all the work.

At one point I was using aloe vera gel and castor oil. I know I can rely on this (I'm relaxed also).

Co signing with using a scarf. Also, u might want to try some kind of curl activating product. sounds counter intuitive but it works :)

Co signing with using a scarf. Also, u might want to try some kind of curl activating product. sounds counter intuitive but it works :)
Agree with the scarf, I'll have to try the curl activator sometime. Even Tyra Banks knows about the scarf! On one of her shows she was talking about laying down edges with water, gel, and a toothbrush and then using a scarf! I was like woahhhh :grin:.

Back