Relaxed or Natural hair, do you use honey? If so how?

I just bought so honey and I am trying to figure out how to use it. I know some girls use it with conditioners. How do you use it? What are the benefits? :ohwell:

Flawlis1

I don't use it in my hair..... I use it on my face as a mask, sometimes I leave it on overnight and sleep on my back, but it's still messy because it melts. I use Really Raw Honey, it makes my face feel soft and smoother.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Flawlis1 said:
I don't use it in my hair..... I use it on my face as a mask, sometimes I leave it on overnight and sleep on my back, but it's still messy because it melts. I use Really Raw Honey, it makes my face feel soft and smoother.

Never used it for the face. Do you just use it alone or mixed with something? Sounds interesting I may have to give it a try!

Blairx0

I am natural and I use it in every dc I mix and add it to commercial dc like shea mostuire deep treatment to enhance the products effects. I have also used it in a face mask mixture with great results.

For hair I feel like it adds a thickness to some of my mixtures which is a plus for me. It also increases shine and mostuire in my hair.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
it is wonderful when i remember to mix in a little bit with my regular DC, silk elements mega moisture-adds more moisture it seems.
i also use it on my face. i do a lemon juice sugar scrub first, then finish off with a honey mask-my skin feels super soft.

ms.blue

I add honey to my dc. I don't have a specific amount but generally it is around 2 tablespoons. Honey jut adds more moisture to my hair and since it thick, the honey added dc stays on my hair w/o dripping unlike honeyquat.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
If I use it, I would warm up the honey and distribute it to on top of my conditioner. If you need an extra boost of moisture, give it try! I used honey with relaxed and natural hair.

Mjon912

I'm relaxed and I use it with my prepoo...basically I mix it with some oils in an applicator bottle and warm it up in some water and apply it to my hair root to tip

Keen

I've been using honeyquat. I'm trying to use it a few different ways because I can't believe it is that amazing. It is sooooo moisturizing. I have struggled to find the right product to bring balance to my hair after a protein treatment. I could never find anything I was totally satisfy with but after adding honeyquat to my NTM, I feel like :shocked: and :cloud9: all at the same time.

melissa-bee

I was looking at honey to put in my hair yesterday but didn't know which one to get.
Does anyone use the cheapest one they can find?

Thank Ladies for your replies, it seems as if a lot of people use it along with DC. I also like the idea to use it along with pre poo.Not sure how I will use it yet, but will be using it today....

tolly

i use it in a mix honey, aloe vera gel and conditioner in ratio 1:1:4 (got this from LHC) put on a shower cap for an hour then rinse throughly. It gives shiny results. I heat the honey slightly, placed in a bowl of hot water

BlaqBella

I add it to my conditioners (joico/aubrey/kenra etc.) and my henna mixes whenever I apply those, so maybe I haven't been able to notice any lightening effects because of that. I'm natural.

jprayze

when the DC'd last nite, I did 1 layer of apricot oil, then the ORS Replenshing and then finished with honey. Kept it on overnight with a baggy and my hair felt wonderful this morning...soft and moist.

lamaria211

I have a lil dish that my ds made me and I heat it up using hot water then I add my honey, oils and mix then I add my dc

lilpooky

I add honey to my pre-poo that consists of Lustrasilk Shea Butter & Mango Cholesterol, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Castor oil. I heat the honey and oils together in a separate dish then add to the cholesterol. I apply the mixture to my hair, cover with a shower cap, and sit under a hair dryer for 30-45 minutes. My hair feels like heaven!

LunaGorgeous

I use it all the time. It's raw honey, and is solid at room temperature. I don't use the brown syrupy stuff. I use it as a leave-in and in my herb mixes. It's good stuff.