Relaxed/texlaxed heads...what strength relaxer do u use?

I use..

• Mild

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Regular

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Super

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IMFOCSD

I have been using mild strength but am thinking of uping to regular for less underprocessed/texlaxed results.

What strength do u ladies use and what results do u get?

TIA :)

jessicarabbit

i use regualar and my hair gets pretty straight. Its not thin-like straight, but straight with a tad bit of texture

TheNDofUO

Super. I tried to use regular but my hair sort of just laughed at it. I'm naturally low porosity but the relaxer makes the length of my hair more porous

prospurr4

I'm a 4b type and use a regular strength, lye relaxer to get my texlaxed results. From application to rinsing takes about 15 minutes.

itismehmmkay

I use regular, but the brand I use just have regular or coarse. It's Soft and Beautiful Botanicals. I actually just went from textlax to bonestraight (still not all the way bone though) last night. But I used the same relaxer and I put oil in mine anyway since I'm doing a self-relax and still don't want it too strong. The difference was that I smoothed the hair and before I didn't always do that or at least not as much. I use this relaxer though b/c it has always left some type of wave in my hair even when I was going for straight.

crlsweetie912

I use regular now. I used mild for years because my hair is super thick and it gave me the time to apply and smooth all over without being overprocessed. As I got better handling and relaxing my own hair, I moved up to regular (Silk elements).

golden_goddess

I used to use regular, but the last 3/4 applications I've used mild. Becasue I've come to realize that I would like to have a little more texture and strength in my hair, and regular seems to leave it too straight.

I smooth it out and leave on for a total of 20-25 mins (including application time) apply a reconstructor, and it still comes out pretty straight. But it does have some texture to it still.

danysedai

Affirm Mild. I used to be bone straight but all the relaxers I've had since June '11 have left me underprocessed, same relaxer just different stylists. I self-relax now and I'm not bone straight anymore but my hair has gotten thicker, which I like.

tenderheaded

I use regular Silk Elements. My hair in its natural state is tight, and this get me very straight after 16 minutes. I color with Bigen permanent color, and I've been very happy with both.

Dposh167

i use silk elements lye REG. and i'm about to change it to mild.
It's starting to give me super straight hair in 15 minutes and i'm texlaxed. No bueno

Precious_P

I use mild sensitive scalp lye. I am texlaxed and I have hair that straightens easy. If I were to go bone straight I would only have to jump to regular and add smoothing to my relaxer routine.

baddison

natural for good
I use the Mizani Butter Blends System in MILD. I like that it leaves behind a bit of texture, since I am not really interested in bone straight hair. That leftover texture contributes really well to the volume in styles that need more volume, like braidouts and twistouts.:yep:

growbaby

I use optimum regular.. Before my HHJ it would get my hair bone straight, but since my hair has become thicker it leaves a liittle texture

Toy

I use extra strength and my hair gets really straight not bone straight.. I think it comes in regular,extra strength and super.Organic Root Stimulator.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF