relaxed/texlaxed ladies and twistouts

H0tPinkButtafly

I attempted to do a twist out and the reults were awful and the twsit didnt stay at the roots, but i want to try again as a no heat style. so ladies, do u do twist out on wet or dry hair? are u doing individual twist or flat twist? how many twist are u doing? how do u get the twist to stay without unraveling? also, post pics (of the twist and twist out, if u can) :yep:

I'm sorry your twistout results are not good. It took me a few tries before I got the results I wanted. I'll try to answer your questions:

do u do twist out on wet or dry hair? Damp hair. I cowash, towel dry, apply about a quarter-size of castor oil, and twist. I try to airdry as much as possible, but I also use a soft bonnet dryer to speed drying time. After the twists are completely dry (THIS IS KEY), then I remove the twists and style.

are u doing individual twist or flat twist? individual twists

how many twist are u doing? 10

how do u get the twist to stay without unraveling? I use a 2" piece of drinking straw on the ends, secured with a roller pin.
also, post pics (of the twist and twist out, if u can):

This pic shows how I set my hair:
BoxTwists-vi.jpg

Here are results:
102_0865.jpg

I hope this helps.

I find flat twists give me the best twist outs or plaits. I just curl the ends with rods. I always use end papers to protect my ends. Happy Holidays!

I'm sorry your twistout results are not good. It took me a few tries before I got the results I wanted. I'll try to answer your questions:

do u do twist out on wet or dry hair? Damp hair. I cowash, towel dry, apply about a quarter-size of castor oil, and twist. I try to airdry as much as possible, but I also use a soft bonnet dryer to speed drying time. After the twists are completely dry (THIS IS KEY), then I remove the twists and style.

how do u get the twist to stay without unraveling? I use a 2" piece of drinking straw on the ends, secured with a roller pin.

BoxTwists-vi.jpg

Here are results:
102_0865.jpg

I hope this helps.

also, how do u get ur twists to stay at the roots and not get flat over night?

BoxTwists-vi.jpg

Here are results:
102_0865.jpg

I hope this helps.

:love::notworthy

do u do twist out on wet or dry hair? damp hair
are u doing individual twist or flat twist? flat
how many twist are u doing? i like 4-5
how do u get the twist to stay without unraveling?i use a long bobypin at the base of each flat twist and secure the end on some type of roller. i currently use tiny satin covered foam rollers but also use blue flexi rods as well.

post pics (of the twist and twist out, if u can)

8weekspost005.jpg

results. i pinned it into a bob.

small tip:i use a trouser sock on my edges to get a seamless transition from my edges to the twist out texture. it also makes it easy if i want to pull my hair back with little/no effort or product. HTH

Back