Relaxed/texlaxed ladies, what do you dislike and like about your hair?

NYAmicas

Seeker
I dont like the fact that my hair is so thick. I can appreciate that at times but for someone as unskilled with hair as I am it's a disadvantage.

Shalilac

I luv the ability to just wash-n-go (couldn't do this often with my natural hair) and my hair accepts moisture much better now. I don't like the fact that I have to straighten with heat to get silky results. The curlformers are great, but it doesn't last long. And I hate that if I do straighten, after I workout I've got a twa at the scalp :(
hmmm...thinking of going straighter :look:

N

NaturalBeauty87

It takes a lot more time to detangle and to rollerset versus when I was relaxed bone straight it took no time. Other than that I loved the thickness and the ability to wear curly hair and rollerset to get a straight look.

*fabulosity*

I dislike that when I try to do a WNG that when it dries...the roots and midlength are curly but the ends are stick straight...

I like that it is relatively easy to straighten when I'm relaxed.

TaurusAngel

I dislike it when i'm over 8 weeks post and it takes forever to detangle. I also get ultra breakage during that time.

I love the versatility of my relaxed hair. if i wanna rock a rollerset i can, but if i want to be straight, its not difficult at all, just simply wrapping it at night. I know that when i become texlaxed, i'll have even more versatility. :yep:

prospurr4

I'm texlaxed.

Things I like about it are:
1) Thicker hair than the limp hair I had when I was fully relaxed.
2) Stronger hair than when fully relaxed because I have more texture and elasticity.
3) I don't have to use direct heat to straighten, like when I was natural. I just do a rollerset on 2" rollers and airdry, when I want straight hair.
4) Detanglling is so much easier than when I was natural.
5) As a natural, I had crazy shrinkage, but now I have just enough shrinkage to still enjoy my length and/or wear my hair "BIG," if I want.

Things I don't like about it are:
1) Touchup time...but I'm a self-texlaxer so it's not that big a deal. Ummm, that's really all I can think of...I really love my texlaxed hair!

SignatureBeauty

I'm texlaxed.

2) Stronger hair than when fully relaxed because I have more texture and elasticity.
3) I don't have to use direct heat to straighten, like when I was natural. I just do a rollerset on 2" rollers and airdry, when I want straight hair.
5) As a natural, I had crazy shrinkage, but now I have just enough shrinkage to still enjoy my length and/or wear my hair "BIG," if I want.

1) Touchup time...but I'm a self-texlaxer so it's not that big a deal. Ummm, that's really all I can think of...I really love my texlaxed hair!

This is my answer as well, I find it easier, I don't have tangles & knots, my hair is curly and it blends in well with new growth, I didn't want it straight so I choose to keep it curly. I Love it and wouldn't change it for anything, I also get better growth because it is more stronger.

*Muffin*

Honestly the only thing that I dislike about relaxed hair is the way my hair feel just after I relax it. I like having a bit of NG. It gives my hair volume and I like that. When my hair is just relaxed it doesn't feel as soft or as moveable as it does when I'm 1 month+ post and my hair feels "flat". I guess that's why I like stretching my relaxers for at least 3 months (preferably 4 months). I like that my routine is low maintenance. I don't have to worry about detangling or anything since detangling my hair is pretty easy. I don't spend a lot of time doing my hair, so having relaxed hair makes it easier for me to just spritz my hair with some leave-in and put it up in a bun and go.

Last edited:

imani97

I love that my hair is thicker as a texlaxed lady than as a relaxed lady. I agree with Shalilac that I hate that after working out (shoot, more like sweating for any reason) my roots are puffy and it looks like I need a perm until I wash again. :(

PRhair

I'm texlaxed.

That's exactly how I feel. My only other issue is that when I self-texlax I sometimes have to do a corrective to get the texture exactly how I want it.

MonPetite

I lurved everything. When relaxed bone straight my hair air dries as if its been flat ironed! Which I absolutely loved.

Texlaxed my hair was easy to please...it's thick no matter what I do, but it looked like "Spanish weave" according to relatives. Which I liked until I got the itch to go natural.

...Hmm.

HoneyDew

I am texlaxed.

I hate that my hair poofs up when I workout. I prevents me from working out as much as I'd like.

I also hate that I get scared before every touchup. :blush: I always fear that this could be THAT time that I get over processed badly or lose some hair. Because of that I hate the slight stress it makes me feel.

I hate that I feel the need to grab the umbrella in even a spritz of rain. HATE THAT!

Other than that I love it.

Prose Princess

Ummm, I've been relaxed for as long as I can remember so I don't really know the difference lol! But I do like that I can achieve so many styles (when my hair is healthy, which it used to be and will be again by next year). I don't like all the breakage I get around relaxer time though. Hopefully this won't be a problem since I have found LHCF, I'm already looking forward to my NG to see how I can handle it. BRING IT ON!! :boxing::lachen:

Duff

I love the extra thickness and strength that texlaxing provides but I hate that I cannot tell how much NG I have now.

SoOoNY

I'm texlaxed.

She hit the nail on the head with the likes

I love that my hair is thicker as a texlaxed lady than as a relaxed lady. I agree with Shalilac that I hate that after working out (shoot, more like sweating for any reason) my roots are puffy and it looks like I need a perm until I wash again. :(

That is frustrating as well... it sometimes make me consider why i stopped transitioning then i remembered when I tried to wear my hair straight as a natural :nono:

That's exactly how I feel. My only other issue is that when I self-texlax I sometimes have to do a corrective to get the texture exactly how I want it.

YOUR HAIR IS GORGEOUS....:lick:

I think one more issue I have with my processed hair now is the shedding. Its not alot. prob normal but for some reason when I transition I hardly shed... maybe 2 hairs every wash... now its about 20... No Biggie....

I think you should prob texlax (not to tell you what to do)... but if you texlax and dont like it it will be a tad easier to transition again and if you relax and want more texture its MUCH harder to fix then texlaxing and wanting it straighter... Just a thought:look:

bermudabeauty

I feel my hair didn't need as much moisture as a natural. With a relaxer I absolutely have to keep moisture in it or it will be brittle and break. I have versatility and don't have to worry about my hair "napping up" in weather conditions such as fog, humidity, and rain.

Aveena

I like my relaxed hair because
it's easier to detangle
I can get a silky straight easier which lasts longer with less heat

I dislike it because
I can't twist it without extentions and have it look good
stretching relaxers (aiming for 6 months stretchs) changes my view on what it means to be relaxed. For me it's about ease of handling and not silky straight stlyes
I still wear my hair in a bun most of the time anyway.

NikStarrr

I use to be texlaxed. I loved the look and the ease of wash-n-wear hair. The downside--I had the tangles of natural hair, but the textlaxed hair was more fragile which would easier lead to breakage in areas here and there...

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I love:
1. the work-free styling of my texlaxed hair. It's truly just wash and go.
2. that my hair is so much thicker than my bone straight relaxed hair, but its more managable than my natural hair.
3. that i'm retaining more length texlaxed.
4. the texture of my texlaxed hair.

I don't love:
1. The work of trying to keep my flat ironed hair straight after intense exercise. I imagine that it's easier when you're bone straight (with minimum newgrowth). Fortunately, I don't flat iron often.

Duchesse

I love that my wash and goes look better now than they ever did as a natural, that I have the option to wear my hair semi-straight easier, that I have less tangles as a texlax. I hate the feeling when people assume I am natural, and I have to decide whether or not I let them know I am a chemical head.

I hate the feeling when I relax that my hair may get too straight or not straight enough. I hate that the back of my head never looks good when I rollerset and gets poofy immediately because it is still very textured.