Relaxed Wash and Go ... Oh no!

taz007

I decided to wash my hair and let it air dry ... :ohwell:

It just kept getting bigger and bigger by the hour (like Troy Polamalu's commercial).

Then, of course, Murphy's Law kicked in and I had to run out like this (and my hair still wasn't completely dry) :blush::

Any tips on getting the hair to lay down whilst air drying??!!

Sigh.... Where is that Relaxed hair/Air dry thread?

Last edited:

alive

that's close to what my hair looks like after it's flat ironed on a humid day :lol:

your hair looks beautiful just the way it is. let the wind play in it and enjoy the "bigness" gotta love textured hair

melissa-bee

You should put it in a braids. I do for French braids when I'm air-drying my hair, with my leave in or favourite oil.

NIN4eva

Mine's a bit like that to but it has a bit of an uneven wave to it. I'll wear it anywhere like that but not to work. Actually, I've figured out that airdrying/wash n go's turn out best for me when I dry it outside. I get totally different (and smoother) results drying outside as opposed to letting it dry while I'm in the house. I like having big mane of healthy hair.

niqu92

i think its beautiful, im relaxed but thats how my hair looks after its blowdried i still have some curl-wave pattern so when i air-dry my hair becomes sooo big and wavy and fluffy.i was thinking of doing wash and goes for the summer but i havnt really heard of any relaxed heads doing this
but your hair is so puurty though im about to stalk your fotki lol

bb09

I'd love to know as well! Your end result looks really full and thick though! Did you manage to get untangled NG in the process?

hothair

I wet wrap but I think that's a no-no *shrug* You could tie down the front with a scarf and put the back in a bun. It will dry flatter with a slight wave.

Solitude

I either tie it down while it's drying for the first 20-30 minutes or so, or if I'm wearing my texlaxed hair curlyish, I leave conditioner in it while it dries. I don't really like airdrying, though...

your hair looks great, Taz!

BraunSugar

OP, when I relaxed & decided to air dry, I pretty much expected my hair to look like yours. It was normal for me. I had to blow dry to get flat hair. Anyway, yours looks good! :)

taz007

Thanks for all of the wonderful replies!

Hey taz! I think your hair is gorgeous in that pic! Can I have it? :grin:

Anyhoo here's one of the relaxed airdrying threads:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=451342&highlight=relax+air

Here's my fotki album on how I airdry:

http://public.fotki.com/sunnieb/2010/how-i-air-dry-my-hair/how-i-air-dry-my-hair/

Thanks, SunnieB! Your fotki is fierce!!

I'd love to know as well! Your end result looks really full and thick though! Did you manage to get untangled NG in the process?

I broke a comb in the process. :ohwell:

OP, when I relaxed & decided to air dry, I pretty much expected my hair to look like yours. It was normal for me. I had to blow dry to get flat hair. Anyway, yours looks good! :)

Your siggy makes me laugh!:lol:

HauteHippie

Oh my gosh, I WISH my hair had looked like that with a relaxer! I looked like a wet puppy back then.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2