Relaxer fright!

elite_chiq

Ok when i acheive the legnth i wasnt im thinking about relaxing it but im SO SCARED i have 4a/b hair with a little 3c in the crown area. It is really thick and hard to manage. I also noticed that there's a part of my hair (the front) which is "damaged" with the hot comb (pressed so manytimes in permenatly str8) yet ts the most moisturized silkiest/non breaking part of my hair, and i know it would be easier to hadle and i'd never have to use heat again. The woman who weaves my hair says i should'nt get a perm because i have a full thick head ofhair. I don't know what to do though. HELP

Maybe she is afraid of losing money but, wait until the damaged portion grows some and then trim it down. Do some search about how manage relaxed hair and manage natural hair to make sure that you are making a good decision for you and your hair. I would hate to see you posting about how the relaxer ruined your healthy head of natural hair.

Just be informed and learn to manage your natural hair.

No don't get me wrong i know how to manage mynatural hair but i hate the fact of having to keep pressing it out to get the str8ness and thats how i'd prefer my hair most of the time. No matter how i look at it i can't seem to win.

Well, if you prefer to wear your hair straight most of the time, maybe you should get a relaxer. Many of the ladies here relax their hair and I'm sure you can learn a lot from this board on how to take care of your hair with one. Also, keep in mind that relaxer does not = never having to use heat again. Heat (albeit milder) will still be the way to go to get maximum straightness.

Back