Relaxer Regimen

Kari107

I've spent quite a while serching for people's relaxer regimen and I've been unsucessful . What I'm trying to find is what steps/products people are using following a relaxer. I'm planning to relax tomorrow so I was currious what others do. This is my plan after I neutralize I will use porosity control to bring down the ph, deep condition with the damage remedy treatment, and add my leave in and some coconut oil then proceed to rollerset . I would love to hear what others are doing so maybe I can adjust my own regimen.

preciousjewel76

Kari107 said:
I've spent quite a while serching for people's relaxer regimen and I've been unsucessful . What I'm trying to find is what steps/products people are using following a relaxer. I'm planning to relax tomorrow so I was currious what others do. This is my plan after I neutralize I will use porosity control to bring down the ph, deep condition with the damage remedy treatment, and add my leave in and some coconut oil then proceed to rollerset . I would love to hear what others are doing so maybe I can adjust my own regimen.

There have been lots of threads on this, maybe you could search using the terms "post relaxer"? Your plan sounds like a great one!

Here's what I do:

*I use Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor ("2-minute" Aphogee) on my hair for 5 minutes after rinsing out relaxer
*Saturate hair with Porosity Control and Motions Moisture Plus conditioner; let sit for 10 minutes, rinse
*Neutralize
*Deep condition with Motions Moisture Plus

LovelyLionessa

After rinsing out my relaxer I use the following:
Wella Regeneral ph Normalizing Lotion for 2 min.
Neutralize w/ORS Creamy Aloe poo
Deep condition w/Motions Moisture Plus & LeKair Cholesterol

RubyWoo

This thread will answer your question(s) this is one of the threads I've used as a guide for my relaxer regimen.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=93398

Personally, the last time I did a relaxer(I used ORS) I did the following after relaxer was rinsed out:
-conditioned with Aphogee 2 min Intensive Keratin Reconstructor for 5 mins
-Rinse conditioner
-neutralize with ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo
-deep condition with replenishing pack for 15 min w/heat
-then deep conditioned with moisturizing conditioner for 45min(Mixture of Silicon Mix, Miss Key 10 en 1, Emergenica, Honey and olive oil)
-rinse and then put in leave-in(Lacio Lacio & Salerm 21 mix) conditioner
-then set hair (rollerset or plaits/braids).

Personally, I think I did tooo much and I won't do all that again. I would've omitted the replenishing pack since it has protien in it and so did the reconstructor in addition to some of my more moisturizing cons. My hair felt it too(it felt kinda hard) :(. I had to wash my hair again the next day to get if feeling normal again. Next time I plan to use profectiv relaxer and do the Aphogee reconstructor before neutralizing and then use a true moisturizing deep conditioner with no protein whatsoever in it (most likely Nacidit Avocado Cream Con and Aloe Vera Con) after the neutralizing step.

Last edited:

sareca

• Spray dry hair with distilled water spiked with 1-2% SAA and allow it to dry (never done this step before, but will next relaxer)
  • Coat previously relaxed hair with PC
  • Mix relaxer and add pure keratin. I also plan to add oil next time (1 tsp of each).
My totally processing time (smoothing and application) is 10 minutes
  • After rinsing the relaxer, I use Affirm Fiberguard for 5 minutes and rinse
  • Pour ACV spiked water over hair and leave for 1-2 minutes
  • Neutralize with the poo that comes in the kit (2-3 minutes)
  • Neutralize (I repeat neutralizing and ACV rinse until the foam is white)
  • Apply Aphogee 2-minute keratin reconstructor (spiked with SAA and pure oat protein)
  • DC with Aveda DR
  • I clarify after about 48 hours
Phew! Glad I only do this once/year. :D

Last edited:

AKA-Tude

sareca said:
  • Spray dry hair with distilled water spiked with 1-2% SAA and allow it to dry (never done this step before, but will next relaxer)
  • Coat previously relaxed hair with PC
  • Mix relaxer and add pure keratin. I also plan to add oil next time (1 tsp of each).
My totally processing time (smoothing and application) is 10 minutes
  • After rinsing the relaxer, I use Affirm Fiberguard for 5 minutes and rinse
  • Neutralize with the poo that comes in the kit (2-3 minutes)
  • I condition here
  • Neutralize (I repeat neutralizing and ACV rinse until the foam is white)
I combine the next 2 steps:
  • Apply Aphogee 2-minute keratin reconstructor (spiked with SAA and pure oat protein)
  • DC with Aveda DR (
  • I clarify after about 48 hours
Phew! Glad I only do this once/year. :D

You do pretty much the same routine as I do, but where did you find the (highlighted) pure keratin? I have been looking for this!

LovelyZ

1. I spend atleast 10 minutes rinsing out relaxer, in the same order I applied (so I rinse back first then move to front). Towel Dry.
2. Apply Motions moisture plus conditioner, leave on for 5 minutes (which neutralizes PH)
3. Apply Motions neutralizing shampoo, leave on for 5 minutes
Towel dry with a different towel than the original one just in case any traces of relaxer remained after step 1 (which it shouldn't).
4. Reapply conditioner, leave in for 15 minutes (no heat)
5. Apply Motions leave-in
6. Roller set with Motions setting lotion and Natural Oasis oil

gymfreak336

My steps

I protect my prev. relaxed hair with pc or any cheapie conditioner and let it dry.
After relaxing I rinse well and follow with motions neutralizing conditioner
Rinse and apply duo tex for just a minute
Rinse, neutralize with proclaim neutralizing shampoo
Rinse, shampoo once with aveda damage remedy
Condition for 30-45 minutes with aveda damage remedy conditioner or ors replenishing pack.

SkinnyMocah

Thanks, I was just looking for a thread like this.

If I'm going to have a salon do my relaxer (because I'm tired of damaging my hair doing them myself) should I be doing things before and after I arrive and leave the salon?

I see that there are a lot of post self relaxation steps but I don't know if I need to do these if I've been done in a salon ?

Creatividual

Next weekend will mark the first time I will start doing my own relaxers but I have an idea of what I will do:

*Relax with Motions Oil Moisturizer mild relaxer
*Rinse all relaxer out
*Apply Motions Oil Moisturer conditioner for 10 minutes
*Neutralize with Motions Oil Moisturizer neutralizing shampoo
*Deep moisturize with Sedal Anti sponge deep conditioner w heat for 20min
*Rollerset with Sedal Ceramidas leave in conditioner & dime size amt of Fantasis IC olive moisturizing shine serum (although after reading others regimens, I might use Kemi oyl to seal instead of the serum, we'll see) on purple magnetic rollers (red rollers for the front and front sides since they are shorter from layers/bangs I am growing out)
*Stay under dryer for 90 minutes
*Comb out and apply dime size amount of Kemi oyl
*Wrap with jumbo hair pins
VIOLA!!:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I relaxed last night with ORS no-lye.

After relaxing:

rinse out relaxer with only water.
Apply Suave's humectress and NTM Mask.
Left on for about 5-ish minutes.
Rinsed out conditioner .
Used ORS nuetralizer from the box kit 2 times.
Applied more nuetralizer from box kit & let sit for 10-ish minutes.
Rinsed after 10 minutes
Applied remaining ORS nuetralizer 2 more times (I want to make sure it's out:lol: ).
Mixed Keraphix & ORS conditioner from relaxer kit & applied to hair.
Put on plastic cap & fell asleep.
During morning shower rinsed out conditioner applied more Suave Humectress.
Rinsed out, squeeze dry hair and Applied NTM Silk and did a wash and wear. I'm 80% texlaxed so my hair was full and wavy.

Usually I apply NTM silk a thermal protectant and blow dry then flat iron or Apply NTM silk and mango butter and rollerset. It's to hot for all of that today.