Relaxer SOS

bestblackgirl

I realize that I am textlaxed.. not by choice.. My siggy is of my last relaxer at about 2 weeks post... I want to be bone straight.. SO how do I transition to being bone straight without damaging my hair.

Only about 4 inches of my ends are bone straight.. the rest is a different textured.. I want all my hair to be one texture.. and i dont like the textlaxed hair on me :wallbash:

Help.. I plan on relaxing in the next 6-10 wks depending on how long i can stretch.. How do I safely correct that.. plzzzzzz Help

ceebee3

I think you just leave the relaxer on for the recommended time and it should be very straight. People who texlax don't leave the relaxer on very long.

bestblackgirl

Yea the thing is i get mine done professionally. And she really does a good job.. It's just my hair so suuuppperr thick and coarse hair... And I use Mizami, but i dont know if it is regular or super.. And because i stretch my relaxers i dont feel anything on my scalp when i am relaxing like my scalp burning or none of that.. and she stays in my hair for about 20-30 minutes.. so i dont know what gives

switch your relaxer hun! when i use to get my hair professionally done many, many years ago my stylist would tell me that he could not use certain relaxers on my hair because they would just sit on my hair while my hair just laughed at them (I have coarse strands). Maybe mizani is not for you. Have you always had problems being underprocessed?

bestblackgirl

Yea i think most times.. But I used to relax every 4-6 weeks.. And i used to go to the salon every visit for relaxers and to wash my hair.. so it wasnt bothering me that much.. and it didnt really show..
But now i relax 12-16 weeks and wash weekly in the shower and air dry.. And it really shows.. people actually think i am going natural or something

Oh and I started using Mizami this year.. All the other times, I went to the salon I dont know what I used... They just put relaxers on my hair.. I wasnt interested in what brand it was, and i most likely had a different relaxer everytime i went to get one

Last edited: