Relaxer Stretchers Support Thread

mschristine

I'm thinking that I might stretch longer than 18 weeks. I really want to grow out the damage in the back and I think an extra long stretch is needed for that to happen

DominicanBrazilian82

Monaleezza said:
I'm desperate for something for my new growth. Like DB82 this is my first intentional stretch and I'm only 8 weeks post and just started to struggle.
My fingers are forever at my roots attempting to separate and the itching has begun.

What stretch tips do you ladies have to go the distance?

I've found that co-washing at least once weekly and DC'ing on dry hair with heat has helped to soften my ng. I wasn't a big fan of prepooing until I did it Sat night with avg before my co-wash. My new growth was soooooo moisturized.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Stillsaddity

I'm trying to make it three more weeks to finish out my first 16 week stretch but I need to find a style where it won't matter that my edges are all over the place. I look so crazy and it looks like I have combed my hair. Any suggestions??

DominicanBrazilian82

Stillsaddity said:
I'm trying to make it three more weeks to finish out my first 16 week stretch but I need to find a style where it won't matter that my edges are all over the place. I look so crazy and it looks like I have combed my hair. Any suggestions??

Flexi rods? They have really helped me and I'm 14 weeks post. Also moisturizing your edges and tying them down overnight will help.

Stillsaddity

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
Please update us on this product. I have never used anything on my new growth until recently (as I am in my first intentional stretch ever in my life)... I'm am 13 weeks post and am seeking a product to use specifically for my new growth.

So far it has been ok. It does moisturize and I can feel it stretch out my new growth a bit but I think it may work better for people who use heat on their hair. But I would buy it again

Lymegreen

Hopefully one of these will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC4KTfoIE-Y&feature=channel&list=UL

or this one. I"m not exactly a fan of how she did her bun but I like her idea of arranging the twisted kanekalon hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0cYuHvNCk0&feature=related

Last edited:

Stillsaddity

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
Flexi rods? They have really helped me and I'm 14 weeks post. Also moisturizing your edges and tying them down overnight will help.

So you wet-set? I am almost too terrified to wash my hair. I've never seen my hair like this before, I'm afraid if I wash it that I'll be forced to relax it because I'm not sure how much more of this I can take

DominicanBrazilian82

Stillsaddity said:
So you wet-set? I am almost too terrified to wash my hair. I've never seen my hair like this before, I'm afraid if I wash it that I'll be forced to relax it because I'm not sure how much more of this I can take

I usually set on about 60-70% dry hair. I have wet set before. But for me the flexi set stretches my roots because how it is done and the way you stretch the hair to roll it.

la mosca

Since December 2010, I've relaxed twice a year. I'm currently 16 weeks post, and I plan to relax in December. It gets easier every time, but I've just had a breakthrough that made my new growth like butter. I decided to try adding salt to my conditioner (the "Kiya Fizzle," for those who remember) and then I got under my steamer with the salted conditioner added. My new growth was so soft and easy to detangle, and I can't stop touching my hair!

Monaleezza

siick said:
week 17
idk if I want to continue to relax.. on the fence

@slick Stretch until you decide. You can always change your mind and relax later if you want to.

la mosca I didn't know salt was good for our hair, what are the benefits?

Last edited:

la mosca

Monaleezza, the salt just seems to help the softening and detangling properties of the conditioner for some reason. There are some old threads about it, but I never tried it until recently.

Satchmo

Hi guys! Newbie and my first post ever. I've been lurking for a few months and decided to join in the goodness. I had a bad experience 3 weeks ago at a hairdressers where I paid double my usual amount to relax and ended up with half my new growth unrelaxed and the other half texlaxed (I'm fully relaxed btw). I'm in braids now to manage the situation (jersey shore anybody? :p) and stretching till the end of December when I go to Nigeria so that the only stylist on the planet I trust can correct this mess. This stretch will be 15 weeks, one week longer than my last one. Trying to increase the time gradually. Hope you're all well!

3jsmom

Moving to District 13
I really want to relax but still stretching, the main thing holding me back is choosing a good relaxer.

sckri23

I bought Hollywood Beauty Olive Creme Hairdress today to help in my stretch and I dont have to use it yet. Im 5 weeks and I dont have to use anything to soften my ng. This is a shock for me, usually my hair starts fighting with me at 3 and a half weeks. Im kinda happy right now.

ETA: The point of the post was to ask has anyone tried the product. I got side-tracked when I checked the calender to tell yall how many weeks post I was and saw I made it to 5 weeks with no problems. Sorry for off-based excitement.

Sckri23 from my SCH-I500 using LHCF

Last edited:

mschristine

I almost entertained the thought of ending my stretch early but I did a dry DC instead and shampooed and now I'm back to bunning for 7 more weeks

quirkydimples

I'm at 11 weeks right now. I said I wasn't going past 12 weeks to avoid breakage, but right now everything is going well so I may continue. I wash with Wen once or twice a week after doing a dry DC with AOGPB or Alter Ego Garlic. I apply my leave-ins, air dry 85-90% and then either blow dry to straighten my roots before bunning or flat twist overnight for a twistout. I bun 95% of the time, but I'm toying with the idea of doing more twistouts to avoid the blow dryer, but I'm iffy about the constant manipulation because there's no second-day hair here. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

blessedandlucky

Stretched for 17 weeks, longest stretch in my life with the aid of braids. Considered not relaxing again for awhile, but relaxed on Tuesday. Great decision for me. I will go back to stretching 10 wks since I don't plan on getting braids again.

H0tPinkButtafly

I'm on a pregnancy stretch. I haven't had a relaxer since January. I can't wait to get a perm again. My baby is due December 1st so it will probably be a whole year.

DominicanBrazilian82

15 Weeks Post Today!!! I was originally gonna relax next weekend for a wedding and concert. Now I'm definitely going to wait the five weeks until my 30th before I relax. Plus I'm getting a Pibbs for my bday!!! So until then (and since I'm not rollersetting right now due to out-of-control roots), I'm gonna continue to bun and PS.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
longest I stretched was 8 months. May never do it again because its too much to manage. Last relaxer was 6 months. I'm coming up on 12 weeks now. May stretch til 6 months again.

QueenRoller

H0tPinkButtafly said:
I'm on a pregnancy stretch. I haven't had a relaxer since January. I can't wait to get a perm again. My baby is due December 1st so it will probably be a whole year.

That's very admirable! Hang in there girl!