Relaxer Stretchers Support Thread

Angelicus

Angelicus, that is great on your long stretch. Can you share the products you use and your regimen?

Rozlewis, sure. I am a Silk Dreams Hair Care user (smells so good). I always:

pre-shampoo with oil for at least an hour. I also massage my scalp during application, sometimes mixing an essential oil in there too.

clarify with Suave or VO5 Clarifying Shampoo, followed by Silk Dreams Go Moist or Whip My Hair (I like WMH better)

Deep condition with any conditioner from the Silk Dreams Line. I usually do a protein treatment with Moacha Silk Infusion 1x weekly. I steam my hair 2x weekly too.

Wheat Germ Butter Conditioner is my favorite leave-in, sometimes I mix it with Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion. I roller set, dry, then flat iron the new growth only. It is always very easy to comb through my hair. I only relax for versatility, not on a schedule anymore, thank goodness! :weird:

Angelicus

Ok, I'm finally going to do it. I am finally going to relax my hair on Thursday. And my hair better be long too. :lol:

mamaore

I did a search on tangles and only found comments about new growth tangles. Has anyone experienced tangling through the length of their hair. My new growth is manageable since my hair doesn't grow as fast as most folks here. By 8weeks post I start to dread wash days because immediately water touches my hair it clumps up. The tangles are generally between 2 inches away from my roots up to about an inch from my ends. The tangling gets progressively worse as I stretch. I touch up at 12/13 weeks.

I have tried various products to help with detangling but its still a ,mess and I loose lots of hair. Lacio Lacio has helped better than any other leave in but there must be something I can do to prevent or minimize the clumping.

I have tried co washing instead of shampooing, it makes no difference. I tried prepooing with organic coconut oil and it made no difference. My new growth is soft and moisturized after washing but the length is a beast.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?.

mamaore

Everywhere I turn I see great reviews on silk dreams....where is my credit card?

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!

I got a huge haul from the line a few weeks ago. I have tried the Shea what, Vanilla Silk and Mocha Fusion. Good and moisturizing so far. I'm 3 weeks post so its early days- the true test is how my hair responds at 6 weeks post.

Hyacinthe

I got a huge haul from the line a few weeks ago. I have tried the Shea what, Vanilla Silk and Mocha Fusion. Good and moisturizing so far. I'm 3 weeks post so its early days- the true test is how my hair responds at 6 weeks post.

Im glad the products are working well for you. Im still in procrastination mode, still haven't bought anything. Maybe this week :)

Sent from my GT-I9100G using LHCF

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
mamaore
Your products may be to "acidic" for your relaxed hair meanwhile you new growth is more receptive to it. I get that with smoothing conditioners, so I try to limit their use. When I used roux, I had that clumping problem, even though I was only using it for slip and not letting it touch the hair directly.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

mamaore

mamaore
Your products may be to "acidic" for your relaxed hair meanwhile you new growth is more receptive to it. I get that with smoothing conditioners, so I try to limit their use. When I used roux, I had that clumping problem, even though I was only using it for slip and not letting it touch the hair directly.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Do you mean low or high PH?

The tangling happens in the shower between my rinse and shampoo stage and none of my conditioners help to soften or detangle. I use Elasta QP Oyl Shampoo - Ph 4. I thought lower PH products help seal the cuticle which is preferred no?