Relaxer to Texlax>>>> HOW????

chiprecious

I am looking to transition from relaxed hair to texlaxed? How did you do it??

Is my hair going to appear underprocessed?
Will there be a distinct line of demarcation that could cause breakage at that point like some transitioning from relaxed to natural get?

HELP!!! :rolleyes:

Neith

Is my hair going to appear underprocessed? - yep

Will there be a distinct line of demarcation that could cause breakage at that point like some transitioning from relaxed to natural get? - yep

It will have it's difficulties since you will be dealing with two vastly different textures.

However, it's doable.

Texturized hair is very soft and easy to mold even without heat (depending on how texturized you are, someone who leaves it in for 5 mins may not have an easy time with straightening with no direct heat). I bet a good rollerset would give you straight roots. Putting your hair up could be a lifesaver too.

My hair doesn't tangle much personally, but depending on your hair that may be an issue.

You'd be dealing with two textures... sometimes three when the newgrowth comes in.

In my eyes a transition CAN work though. You just need a plan.

I BC'd, grew my hair out some, then texturized...

I can see someone doing a good length transition with texturized hair before they cut the relaxed ends off.. by keeping the hair up, keeping the texturized roots straight and blended with the relaxed hair or by wearing the hair in twistouts or braid outs.

I can see keeping the hair hidden working out too. :yep:

It's going to tke as much work and creativity as transitioning to natural!

The Princess

In my pic im texlax, its not hard at all to manage, well im used to it now. You just have to invest in a good leave in conditiner. Also I don't use heat, might be a problem to some, it you used to straighted your hair. After relaxer or co wash or wash and DC. I put alot of leave in condtioner in, comb it through, put my moisturizer in, seal, tie it down with a scarf and the next day im good. It last until I ready to wet my hair again.

When it time to relax again, I have to do the process my often.

However going texlax was not by choice-didn't used a good lye relaxer
Without heat not by choice-my flatiron went out
Overall Im glad it happen.

ajacks

Is my hair going to appear underprocessed? Yes

Will there be a distinct line of demarcation that could cause breakage at that point like some transitioning from relaxed to natural get? Yes, for the line of demaracation but no I do not experience breakage. Maybe because I use protective styling 100% of the time, deep condition once a week and moisturize at least every other day. Since I stretch for 6-months at times I can clearly see three different textures.

vnaps

all the responses are the same for me as well. i have texlaxed for last 2 relaxes(12 weeks apart) and my hair is better for it. much thicker.

as to breakage if you look after it by pre pooing, not shampooing often, deep conditioning, protein treatments,moisturizing(sealing) low manipulation, protective styles you will be fine. nothing really changes except you have thicker hair with more waves.

best wishes with the transition