Relaxer to Texturizer?

BadMamaJama

Has anyone gone from using a relaxer to using a texturizer? I'm thinking I'll want to be texlaxed in the future, but I'm not sure how to get consistent results with a relaxer. I know Shlinda1 on youtube uses Linange, but I"m wondering if anyone here has actually gone from using a relaxer to using a texturizer?

irisak

BadMamaJama said:
Has anyone gone from using a relaxer to using a texturizer? I'm thinking I'll want to be texlaxed in the future, but I'm not sure how to get consistent results with a relaxer. I know Shlinda1 on youtube uses Linange, but I"m wondering if anyone here has actually gone from using a relaxer to using a texturizer?

I went from using optimum super as a teenager, regular and then mild after I had my son (the hormones changed my hair), to a jfm texture softener after my dd (hormones again). I transitioned in weaves and just trimmed. I probably have about 2-3 inches of bonelaxed hair at this point that I will gradually trim.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

irisak

BadMamaJama said:
Do you notice anything different from using an actual relaxer? irisak

For me, texlaxing keeps my fragile strands from breaking because leaving texture makes them stronger. I find it just as easy to straighten and find it easier to stretched because there's not as big of a textures difference.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

beauti

well, I went from relaxed to texlaxed unintentionally but I will stay this course. I stretched my relaxer a full year last year and it left me (wayyy underprocessed) texlaxed when I finally relaxed. I relaxed my hair last week after a 28 week stretch and I used Linange lye. Although I left the relaxer in way longer than the recommended time, it still left me texlaxed. Basically i recommend stretching your relaxer a while so that you can safely transition to texlaxed and not overlap...

beauti

you're welcome BadMamaJama I used the lye relaxer. My hair is very resistant to relaxer. If your relaxer processes in the recommended time, I would suggest either using a texturizer or putting oil or conditioner in a regular strength relaxer. You should do a search for the texturizer support thread. There's alot of helpful tips in there