Relaxing Again After A 10 Month Stretch

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I'm a once a year "texlaxer" myself and i love it.

Congrats on a successful stretch. It's not easy but you made it :)

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

bellesocialite

Your hair came out very nicely.

Quick question - Since you self-relaxed with so much NG, did you relax using the half-and-half method or all in one go? I'll be relaxing at 6 months post and thinking about doing my head at once this time around. Thanks in advance!

Your hair came out very nicely.

Quick question - Since you self-relaxed with so much NG, did you relax using the half-and-half method or all in one go? I'll be relaxing at 6 months post and thinking about doing my head at once this time around. Thanks in advance!

I did not do the half and half method. I relaxed all at once. While I did have a lot of new growth, my hair strands are fine, so they are rarely too thick for me to manage. And all the deep conditioning I've been doing must have softened my newgrowth.

I parted my hair into 4 sections, then used a rattail comb to section off each piece. I would then hold that piece out away from my scalp and apply the relaxer the way a stylist might apply color with a brush. I use brushes because I think they are less messy and are a faster application method. Also, by holding the hair out I get to look at it to see that I am not overprocessing my hair. I think that if I just felt around back there, I'd be more apt to glob the relaxer on my hair and scalp. I don't use a lot of tension though, just enough to get a better view of the section I'm applying the relaxer on to.

Then of course I neutralize my hair and wash that out. Because I had so much new growth this time, I let my neutralizing shampoo sit on my hair for about 15 minutes so that I was sure that it actually stopped the chemical process. Then I did my regular deep conditioning routine, a rollerset and a saran wrap under the dryer to smooth it all out. :yawn:

Last edited:

Keshieshimmer

@NJoy I'm still trying to figure out how to make my pics smaller so they can fit, but in the meantime I have my relaxer pics in my 2011 album of my fotki page. It should be dated 4/15/11 relaxer.
If you upload your photos to google albums then have an online editing program than can resize photos called pic nic.

Nice job!