Relocating to DC area- any good aveda salons?

Prettypsych

Hi everyone,

I'm relocating to the DC area and I'm looking for an Aveda concept or lifestyle salon. I've visited the Aveda website and saw that there are a few in the area, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any personal experiences with any of them. Thanks!!

Sunshine_One

Hello and Welcome to the DC "ureah" you will understand that pronuciation better when you get here! :lachen:

I go to an Aveda concept salon:

www.salonrevive.com

They do great work with all hair types and they are professional and on time. If your apppoint is at 9am they are ready for you. Also, the stylists are from Ethiopia. They work very well with relaxed & natural hair and their clientele is very diverse.

HTH

Energee

Georgetown has a great one. It's on Wisconsin Avenue...very professional salon. Great stylist who are knowledgeable about all hair types:yep:. You will enjoy your entire experience there....check them out:yep:.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Oh, sweetheart...WELCOME!!! :kiss:

Yes, there is one down the street from where I work on 7th and F Street NW in Gallery Place-Chinatown. It's the same Aveda salon that I frequent to get my Aveda fix. There's a great salon at top and VERY reasonable prices as well. The catch? You have to make an appointment a few weeks in advance. They book up easily. There are stylists available that can do black hair and there are black salesladies as well.

Come on down and good luck! ;)

Prettypsych

Georgetown has a great one. It's on Wisconsin Avenue...very professional salon. Great stylist who are knowledgeable about all hair types:yep:. You will enjoy your entire experience there....check them out:yep:.

Just to update: I ended up going to Georgetown in October (07). I've been going ever since. They are prompt and curteous. From the time I walk in, typically only 5 min passes before I'm at the shampoo bowl. My entire visit usually isn't more than an hour. Lisa has been my stylist and she is awesome! She is pleasant, gentle with my head/hair, and open-minded. She gives good advice and is open to some of the "unconventional tips" I learned here at LHCF. I highly recommend Georgetown Aveda to anyone. Thanks for the rec, Energee!!!

Last week she was doing another client's hair- her hair was gorgeous BSL. Lisa mentioned the client was natural and hadn't been using heat. I should have asked her if she was Nikko's cousin before she left, LOL:grin:!

kweenameena

Hello and Welcome to the DC "ureah" you will understand that pronuciation better when you get here! :lachen:

I go to an Aveda concept salon:

www.salonrevive.com

They do great work with all hair types and they are professional and on time. If your apppoint is at 9am they are ready for you. Also, the stylists are from Ethiopia. They work very well with relaxed & natural hair and their clientele is very diverse.

HTH

Cosigning on Salon Revive. Go see Yodit. But she is pricey. But if you're used to aveda salons....it won't be much of a shock.