Remains Of Employee Found In Supermarket 10 Yrs After He Went Missing

pisceschica

4FA57EA4-390A-4585-AE00-75A2C066C15E.jpeg Wow soo many questions. Why didn’t the employees look for him or investigate the smell. I feel for parents whom last saw him following an argument.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7274293/Remains-man-supermarket-freezer-10-years.html

• Larry Ely Murillo-Moncada vanished in November 2009 in Council Bluffs, Iowa
  • The 25-year-old was working at the No Frills Supermarket at the time
  • He was reported missing by his parents after leaving their home during a fight
  • Police had no leads in his missing person's case for a decade until the decomposing body was miraculously discovered back in January
  • Contractors had gone into the supermarket, which shut down three years ago, to remove the fittings and tear apart the freezer unit
  • They discovered the body in an 18-inch gap between the freezer and a wall
  • The remains were sent off for DNA testing and police have only just confirmed that they belong to Murillo-Moncada

Kiowa

Customers have been complaining for years about the bad smell in the store, and no one investigated..

Leeda.the.Paladin

Customers have been complaining for years about the bad smell in the store, and no one investigated..

That is awful!

I don’t think it was a coincidence. I imagined that he was murdered by someone who also had a connection to this supermarket.
The article I read said he’d been acting erratically that day due to a new medication and that he climbed back there and got stuck. The machinery was loud so it covered his cries for help. His body was apparently unharmed. I don’t know, sounds fishy to me.

Sosoothing

I'm sorry but dead people stink. :( There is no way that you can't smell a decomposing body, especially when it's hot. That peculiar odor is strong and you can't mistake it.

Someone knows something.

This is what I don't get.
You mean no one thought to investigate the source of such a strong smell? Employees were just coming in and out daily, smelling that and not doing anything?

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'm going to be honest and say I believe he could have very well accidentally died due to being stuck. I'd even go with the motors on the freezer being so loud his initial cries for help went unnoticed. But what I don't buy is no one investigated the smell of a dead body coming from the freezer area. For 7 YEARS. All kind of health codes have to have been violated if contractors found him after all this time.

dancinstallion

I think his body was put there later. 18 in crawl space is not big enough for anybody to fit in there. He may have been frozen all of this time and they put his remains there. The article said decomposing body so there is no way he died before the store closed and the body is still decomposing unless it was preserved or he just died recently.