Remember when box braids were hot?

longhairlover

^ I may have to attempt to do small ones on my real hair, i'm tired of wearing it out all the time.
so are you having good growth with the crown and glory method?

anon123

I wish the big ones were in style still, too. Smaller ones people are still seen, but the big ones, not so much. The small ones are too much work.

Bubblingbrownshuga

I don't miss the big 'dookie' box braids, but I am a fan of regular sized braids. They are a great protective style. I will be getting some this weekend and I will post pictures in my fotki.

chelseatiara

i love box braids!! i finally learned how to do them myself (with weave) and installed some yesterday :) but i cant upload pics for some reason :(

Prudent1

I'm wearing some right now as my PS of choice. Mind you not the big dookie kind but um yeah. Let's see less manipulation, I can do a variety of up dos or half up dos for work w/hair accessories and still CW etc:up:.

MissYocairis

How old is too old for box braids? My daughter just got some....Solange style. They are amazing! But, seriously, how old is too old? And, if there is a "too old" age, is that an American thing? Meaning....if I were afro-carib or African, would it then matter? Be honest!

BadMamaJama

I don't think there is an age limit. I do think the thicker ones look better on the younger girls. I think a woman in her 30's or 40's with small singles even if they're long still looks nice if they're black or just one color.