Reminder: Seasonal Shedding

Tracy

Just a short reminder to those of you who have been complaining about shedding recently (I've been shedding too) that I'm almost positive from vague memories and being on the board for so long, that many of you who are noticing shedding now, noticed it last September, and for some of you, the September before that as well.

Check your posts around last year this time and you'll see....

Women all over are complaining now about shedding. So while it's not ALL women by any means, it's quite possible that many are going through seasonal shedding - which after a few years of experiencing it I know happens to me every single fall sometimes between the beginning of Sept. and mid October.

Never fear. It will stop.
If it makes you feel any better the trees will start "shedding" soon too. It's simply nature including us in the cycles of the earth around us.
None of us will go bald. Promise.

Spagirl

Along with the shedding I notice that since my last relaxer 7/19 (?) my new growth seems to be about 1 inch. Previous to my last relaxer the new growth measured 2 inches (overall hair length 25 inches post relaxer). When I measure my overall hair length, right now, only a few strands are measuring out to 26 inches (pulled) with the bulk still at 25 inches as per the last relaxer. Is this normal as well?

ny2atl

[ QUOTE ]
Never fear. It will stop.
If it makes you feel any better the trees will start "shedding" soon too. It's simply nature including us in the cycles of the earth around us.
None of us will go bald. Promise.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was cute Tracy!
Thanks Nature!

Tracy

I don't know if that specifically would be considered common but it could be your bodies response to the same stimulus - the seasonal change affecting your gorwth phases. Certain follicles are terminating their growth phase (which causes shedding of the hair in the follicle) OR, in the alternative follicles that were resting, movng into a growth phase (hence your longer hairs Spagirl! Possible?).

Incidentally - yesterday was a full moon as well...which may have natural impacts on the natural life cycles of living things and elements.

Kiadodie

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if that specifically would be considered common but it could be your bodies response to the same stimulus - the seasonal change affecting your gorwth phases. Certain follicles are terminating their growth phase (which causes shedding of the hair in the follicle) OR, in the alternative follicles that were resting, movng into a growth phase (hence your longer hairs Spagirl! Possible?).

Incidentally - yesterday was a full moon as well...which may have natural impacts on the natural life cycles of living things and elements.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense to me
Thanks for the info. Tracy.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Interesting...One of my theories was that I wasn't shedding any more than normal, but just that since I am more aware of my hair now--it seems like more.

So we're not like dogs, huh? Or we would've all been shedding when summer started

diamond_nh

Readin this made me feel better, so thanks. I did an my 2nd Aphogee treatment last week and more hair started coming out than before the treatment. This happened the first time too. Does this mean that Aphogee is not for me? Believe me I moisturized good.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Well my seasonal shedding has started and my shedding has increased. I am now losing about 40-50 hairs a day instead of my usual 10-20.

Karonica

My hair must be on the opposite end of the spectrum. My shedding has finally stopped. This spring and summer were awful for me hairwise.

G

YIkes... I read t his but t hougt I was safe cause I did'nt shed last year.

Now, it got me. **taking deep breaths** this is just a phase..

AceH

<font color="blue"> Thanks Tracy. I feel much better about the shedding now. </font>