Removing The Corn Chip Smell From Human Hair

deborah11

I purchased some human hair that I like but it smells like corn chips. Anyone know how to remove the smell from purchased hair. Thanks!

lilikoi

I purchased some human hair that I like but it smells like WET corn chips. Anyone know how to remove the smell from purchased hair. Thanks!

There! Fixed that for you.
Though I've always referred to that smell as "Wet Cheetos" :lachen:

I concur that a quick vinegar soak (about 2 min in 1 part vinegar 2 parts water) followed by 2-3 rounds of shampoo will do the trick. Deep condition after you put the hair through this mini ordeal. Good luck!

Luxlii

From bhm:

So ladies I bought hair from another BHM'r that already told me ahead that the hair had a smell to it. I thought to myself it can't be that bad
. I bought hair so many times from CV's and none of the hair ever had a smell so I wanted to be sure what I was smelling on the hair I had was what you guys considered corn chips. So I bought the hair. Shout out to this BHM'r she shipped this hair like lightning fast.

I really didn't smell anything and I kept smelling and smelling, scratching and sniffing and got nothing. I said maybe its my nose. UNTIL I wet the hair then I said oooooooooo
now I see what the ladies are talking about. I never ever smelled anything like this before. Its worst than cornchips but thats the only thing you can compare it too. This hair is BEAUTIFUL. I washed it like 4 times. Then it dawned on me. Listerine kills bad breathe germs so let me pour some on the hair. Then I said hell let me soak the hair in 3 cups listernine and half a bowl of water. I really think this did the trick. I then rinsed the hair off then soaked it with suave conditioner. Its still wet but I don't smell anything anymore.

Things i've used so far:
Clarifying shampoo (smell still there)
ACV(smell still there)
Dove shampoo and conditioner(smell still there)
Silicon Shampoo(smell still there)
LISTERINE( Smell gone so far)

Let me know what you guys have used. This is my cornchip challenge and I'm up for it!!!

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/listerine-on-corn-chip-smelling-hair_topic328867.html

Another one:

I found this today.

I will purchase the Palmers coconut Oil Formula with Vitamin E Deep Conditioning Protein pack and try tonight.

She said use one pack per bundle in plastic bag with two cups of water and let sit for two hours.

I hope this works!!!!

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/do-you-have-corn-chip-smell-on-your-hair_topic322155.html

ms.blue

I bought hair from aliexpress (Queen hair products) in 2011 that stank of corn chip and funky feet. I soaked the hair in vinegar and colored the hair twice. The smell went away like 90% but every time I washed the hair, the faint odor of corn chips would seep out. The smell is from the marcel water the company uses to process the hair which helps maintain the pattern from multiple washes. That hair despite the smell held up pretty well.

Last edited: