Reneice And Company Are Out Of Control

qchelle

Woaaaah this lady is in rockville? ! I ain't no that! Lol Lemme look her up right quick! *searches threads on reneice*

SuchaLady

Her work was always overrated IMO :look: Not hating on another brown lady out here making her coins but I think she just made a name for herself as a healthy hair stylist first on forums and blogs. My hairstylists' sew ins looks just like hers and she has clientele with similar hair progress.

With that being said I think I'd laugh myself into a coma about a $100 flatiron.

Last edited:

qchelle

Shiiiiiit I'm bout to call now :lol: I have absolutely no problem paying top dollar for top quality. Customer service is where it's at lol.

So she's that good, huh? And its a nice, spa like place with professionals who are trained in black hair care? Where do I sign up? ! :lol: I haven't been to a hairdresser since 11th grade :lachen: I would love to get my hair done by someone else, who doesn't piss me and my hair all the way off. Take my money, girl, take it! You want some more? Here! :lachen: #LifeOfADeprivedBlackGirl lmao

thatscuteright

Her work was always overrated IMO :look: Not hating on another brown lady out here making her coins but I think she just made a name for herself as a healthy hair stylist first on forums and blogs. My hairstylists' sew in looks just like hers and she has clientele with similar hair progress.

With that being said I think I'd laugh myself into a coma about a $100 flatiron.

Can you PM me your stylist info please.
I am going to pick my battles and find a reasonable replacement. I work out too much and my lifestyle is not conducive to paying such an amount for a style that will only last 2 weeks tops.

I still find the Black Hair Industry exploitive.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Every time I do DD's hair I want to tell how how much I could charge her for the work I do.

I was once charged $100 (a price I was given after the fact) for her hair when I took her for her first salon visit for her fifth birthday. Her hair was burned straight. That is what brought me to LHCF in the first place.

I'm not 100% sure I wouldn't pay that much on a regular basis if I was ensured my hair would still revert and be healthy and grow...I don't know...but I do agree that the price increase should have been more gradual. Maybe they waited too long to do one in the first place, but not the customers' fault...

SuchaLady

Can you PM me your stylist info please.
I am going to pick my battles and find a reasonable replacement. I work out too much and my lifestyle is not conducive to paying such an amount for a style that will only last 2 weeks tops.

I still find the Black Hair Industry exploitive.

I'm in Georgia :sad:

prettyinpurple

It sounds like it wasn't explained well to the OP.

I assume the junior stylist moved up (promoted) and had a bump in price to go with it. Perhaps that happens after being a junior stylist for a year? Different levels based on their time at the salon? That wouldn't bother me, I see that happen at other salons when stylists move to senior, master level etc. Sucks for my wallet tho.

That would be insane for a yearly (annual) increase. I think we would know by now if she increased her prices that much every year.

ETA: For the other poster, I would be upset if I wasn't told about the change until it was time to pay. They should tell people that way earlier when the price change takes effect or when they confirm your appt. I might throw a fit (not loudly lol) or have a chat with the owner about that. Take her aside for a minute and tell her how I feel. Let her know that it mars my experience and my potential future visits if I'm a regular.

qchelle

In just signed up on their list via website. And then I called and signed up lol. I hope they have spots soon. I just want some mini twists

mssoconfused

It's kind of funny how that with so many people being natural the prices of flat ironing services have gotten outrageous. I remember in high school I would get my hair flat ironed for $45 and that was it. I can see a relaxer or something being $100 cause it's permanent. But a flat iron on natural hair that's going to get sweated out, may swell up on a humid day as soon as you leave the salon, and just doesn't last long I don't see it.

Its been a while since I've been in college, but I remember being able to get a wash, deep condition, and press for a smooth $15. This was 2003. I don't wear my hair straight now and wouldn't with these prices. Mercy!

naturalmanenyc

I visited a salon in Bed Sty about 2 years ago and was told that a trim was $100.
I asked why and was told they would wash and blow out my hair but I could leave with wet hair.

I didn't ask about a blowout and flat iron at the time but did get a blow out recently at the same salon, with a junior stylist, for $65. The trim was an additional $75.

My flat iron only last about 4 days unless I'm using Keratin treatments in which case it can last much longer, even through a workout.

mz.rae

Flat ironing relaxed hair is much easier than doing natural hair. It should cost more. Plenty of relaxed styles only last a few days. The cost isn't built on length of time otherwise braids/weave would cost more.

Business models change. Especially with the cost of everything going up. Found an old cell phone bill where I used to pay $49.99 for the top plan on AT&T. Today's price is what a car payment used to be.

At end of the day there are plenty on here who have hundreds of dollars of products they will never use. I just don't understand the constant complaints on here over stylists but to see this especially when R shop has a long time standard of improving clients hair. The money you're not spending on products should cover the stylist. Or just go once a month. There is a waiting list full of people wanting to get in.
Not complaining and have no idea who this Reniece lady is nor am I interested in going to her or finding out who she is. I was just stating my experiences, yes there are relaxed styles that only last days but I was never one of those people who went to salons in between retouches anyway. And yeah relaxed hair is easier to straighten when compared to natural hair but I still think $100 is a bit much.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I remember the first time I went into a salon for a natural hairstyle. I was quoted 65 dollars on the phone for double strand twists and then charged 110 after styling due to the thickness. I never went to another salon after unless it was braids.

I want faux locs but they are 300 and up. Folks charging 200 and up for crochet braids. It's something else.

oneastrocurlie

My last flat iron including tip was around $80. I loved it and will go back.... In like 6 months lol. I'll pay but the frequency won't be very often.

naturalmanenyc

$65 blow out and flat iron + $75 additional for a trim by a junior stylist.
A trim by a senior stylist is $100 - $125. Any cutting is charged the same price, whether a trim or an entire new cut.

I'm hoping I read that wrong. Do you mean the trim made it $75 total? Or that they were charging $75 for a trim only. :eek:

Anaisin

Wouldn't pay that much for a flat iron job. It's too basic, I'll pay $100+ for a nice unique style though. I can flat iron myself but if I don't feel like it I would go to a salon that charges $65 or less

prettyinpurple

Its been a while since I've been in college, but I remember being able to get a wash, deep condition, and press for a smooth $15. This was 2003. I don't wear my hair straight now and wouldn't with these prices. Mercy!
Girl was that the beauty school or a Dominican salon? I can't imagine a regular beauty shop being that cheap in the last 2-3 decades lol.