Reneice And Company Are Out Of Control

Anticipatience08

Although that is quite a sudden jump in price, I'd have to pay it anyway. Eat ramen noodles a couple of times a week to make up for the extra money I'd be shelling out or something LOL

I have gone to @dontspeakdefeat's salon for years--well, there was one year that I stopped going because I made friends with another hair stylist whose salon was closer to me and she hooked me up occasionally on what she charged me. But she did NOT hook my hair up, and I suffered damage and had no progress that entire year I went to her. Convenience and cost-savings aren't always the best bet. So I came crawling back to dontspeakdefeat, damaged head hanging low. That was in 2013 and I've stuck with her since then.

It's easy to think about things from the consumer's perspective since we're shelling out the money for this. But I remember what I'm paying for: someone who uses great quality products (which are NOT cheap), great quality tools (also NOT cheap), has documented my hair's progress since I started going to her in 2010 (no other stylist has cared to physically document how my hair is doing in their hands), someone who doesn't double and triple book her schedule, someone who actually cares about hair health and isn't just saying that to get business, someone I trust completely with my hair, a beautiful salon to come to with free wifi and TV (definitely NOT cheap), and someone who genuinely cares about me as a person. The list goes on and on. I'm sure the service Reneice offers is very similar.

For some people, all this may not be worth the high price. For me, I'm paying whatever dontspeakdefeat asks me to--along with a great tip--because she deserves it (the woman is awesome, #pointblankperiod). And she has earned it because she provides great service. You get what you pay for!

Anticipatience08

Oh yeah, and I've gone out and bought the same tools as my stylist and the same products...don't have nearly the same results (which is why I ended up having to cut a few inches off last year).

There is an art and a technique to what Reneice and Tamika can do, which is why everybody ain't able! These women studied, trained, and perfected this. It's more than just using the right stuff. So yeah, I'll pay because they know what they're doing. I wish I did, but I don't. And I don't need any more setbacks LOL!!

If you know how to get the results you want, I don't blame you for not wanting to pay someone else. I totally envy you!

I know I can't, and I'm not doing anymore failed experiments on my head.

DeepBluSea

I pay $50 for wash, shampoo, and flat iron. The lady does a good job but she triple books. She works fast so the longest I've been there was 3 hrs. I would be willing to pay more if the stylist did a good job and got me out in under 2 hrs.

I think black stylists are feeling the pinch because I have heard a few complaining about everyone going natural. Not everyone knows how to flat iron. I have paid for hair that looked blow dried, not flat ironed. Ha!

Fine 4s

I wouldn't be going regularly for that price but more power to the women that can swing it. Can I borrow twenny dallahs?
However, how do you ladies know that she won't cause heat damage? Doesn't she use the marcel stove flat irons?