Reniece straightened my hair! Lots of pictures!

anon123

Thank you to everyone for the love. I didn't expect all this! :shocked:

OMFG AND WTF!?!?! :love: ....shoot man, I cant even comment :nono:

ETA: OK i can now gather my thoughts. your hair looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL. seriously:yep:

I know this was prob already asked but how often are u going to straigten? every 6 months?

Thank you. I don't know, but every 6 months sounds good, depending on her availability. I'm still too scared to go to anyone else. I want her to do the trimming, too, because I clearly don't know what I am doing.

Girl this hair is so gorgeous I had to come see it again! This post has brought all type of lurkers out lol!

Thank you! And hasn't it? I haven't seen some of y'all for a long while!

I almost passed out and my I showed my brother and he said your hair is amazing! Gurl you are gorgeous and so is that hair! I'm so glad you let Reniece do your hair because this is an inspiration for me. I was contemplating on relaxing this year but now I know I can hang in there. Thank you sooo much for sharing. Happy Holidays!

Aw, thank you. Please do what is best for you and your lifestyle! :yep:

Here I am again. I so wish this thread was posted a month ago when I ....I ...I
TERLAXED my hair:cry2::cry2::cry2: why..why..why:wallbash::wallbash:

BC see you soon:ohwell:

Thank you! Are you having any problems with your texlaxed hair? If not, no need to BC. I sometimes think of texlaxing myself.

Beautiful hair! Truly inspirational. I love love Reniece. I have been going to her since 2005 and I couldn't ask for a better stylist through out all my setbacks and attaining my goals she has being there. I am transitioning right now can't wait till my hair is like yours!

Thank you. I recognized that pink wall instantly :lol: Your hair looks pretty.

Mwedzi, thanks for sharing this. I echo the sentiments of an earlier poster - your pictures need to be shared and made accessible for so many.

Our little girls CAN have beautiful, kinky hair and long luxurious hair and everything in between. Mothers need to be educated and so do our beautiful daughters...

My daughter's hair elicits similar responses. For years I hadn't straightened her hair, and when I did, it was mbl, teetering on waist length - (it's now waist length). When we are out, she gets so many hands in her hair, and compliments, it's unreal.

And for anyone struggling with their natural hair, hang in there, you'll reach your goals, too.

Thanks again, Mwedzi.

Thank you. Do you have any pictures of your daughter's hair. Do you or your daughter feel . . . a certain way if she gets so much more praise for her straight hair?

Good lord, the thanks on that first post is blinding :lol: and well deserved! :grin:

Thank you. Sometimes I'm still amazed at hair boarders' response to my hair. My hair had been completely and totally average my entire life and then I found the hair boards and now it's fabulous!

Wow. Amazing results! Your hair is beautiful in any state.

Thank you. I really appreciate these lovely comments.

I have an appointment on Jan. 4th for a consultation!

I spoke to her on the phone and she sounds really nice. I REALLY am excited to go there.

Lucky you. I'm sure you'll be very happy with her work. She is really nice.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Well, Dr. M, she gets a lot of comments in either state, actually.

If it's in a puff, it's HUGE, if i just blow it out, it's HUGE n fluffy, so - we are kinda used to it. I think we receive more dramatic responses when it's straight and super-glossy.

But - at our home we teach acceptance - and we've taught our daughter to love her hair in ALL it's states, so she's perfectly happy to wear her kinky/curly puffs. Sometimes, she doesn't even want it flatironed. She tells me, "Mom, I love my puff puffs - it's so big and it bounces, too!!" Lol. She isn't moved by the praise, so it's a nice balance.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Attachments

• BronzeJr1.jpg
    BronzeJr1.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 122
  • BronzeJr2.jpg
    BronzeJr2.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 118
  • BronzeJr3.jpg
    BronzeJr3.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

virtuenow

Awesome, and thanks mwedzi for answering everyones questions (so I don't have to re-ask!). Was the smaller flat iron Reniece used also a FHI- and what was it used for (your roots?)? Did Reniece use the comb chase method to get it this straight?? The nioxin heat protector u mentioned is water based-- didn't it cause reversion?? I'm familiar with that line of products b/c nioxins focus is on stimulating hair growth (kinda like upscale rogaine). They use peppermint oil in most products and have a medicine-sweet/delicious smell. I have used their shampoo/cond for years.

anon123

Thank you, Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll, for those photos of your daughter's beautiful hair! :up:

Awesome, and thanks mwedzi for answering everyones questions (so I don't have to re-ask!). Was the smaller flat iron Reniece used also a FHI- and what was it used for (your roots?)? Did Reniece use the comb chase method to get it this straight?? The nioxin heat protector u mentioned is water based-- didn't it cause reversion?? I'm familiar with that line of products b/c nioxins focus is on stimulating hair growth (kinda like upscale rogaine). They use peppermint oil in most products and have a medicine-sweet/delicious smell. I have used their shampoo/cond for years.

I don't know what the smaller flat iron was. I think she did use the comb chase method. I couldn't see, really. I wasn't facing the mirror. The nioxin she said was meant to be used on dry hair unlike the others she recommended which are meant to be used on wet hair. So I presume that this heat protectant was meant to not cause reversion. It was a light mist, like afro sheen :lol: but a little heavier. I don't think it could have done anything for hair growth since it wasn't applied to my scalp. Maybe they have more than one type.

zzirvingj

How in the world did I miss this thread???

You know you set a RECORD for the thanks button, right?

Man, this thread should be a STICKY for what healthy hair care can do for you!! Your hair is gorgeous, natural and straightened...I love it. Great job!

Thanks for sharing!!

thaidreams

Length check:

Thank you, Reniece! :grin:

And check out the comparison between my MBL shrunken and my MBL straightened hair!

If I'm lucky, I'll get a little video clip from her, too.[/QUOTE]

Then she put curls in it:

Side view:

Then she directed me to flip it and shake it for a video. I was really awkward. I'm not used to straight hair was afraid I was going to mess it up or tangle it. But I tried.

And from the front:

Your hair is drop dead gorgeous!!! That comparison shot is by far my favorite shot. I know you have people stop you in the streets all the time about your hair!:grin:!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Have you washed it yet? Let us know how it feels after your first wash. Mine always feels different after getting it straightened.

msbettyboop

1 I was soooooooo happy to see this thread. I think I have your hair type and even though I’ve kept on with transitioning, I’ve been a little frightened thinking of how I will manage it when I’m fully natural but after seeing all your spectacular hair, both natural and straightened, I am ready for my natural hair and I can’t wait. Thanks mwedzi!!!

orangepeel

I think it is strange I love your hair. :perplexed I shouldn't but I do. It is looks so beautiful and you have done such a great job with it.

Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
See what happens when you leave town for Christmas vacation?! You miss epic threads like this one.

Mwedzi ... I simply bow down to your hair. It is gorgeous and inspirational beyond words. :notworthy

ImanAdero

MY GOD!

I love shrinkage... I think our hair naturally is so amazing with what it can do...

You can have short hair or you can have amazingly long hair depending on what you want to do...

AMAZING!

naijamerican

I can't believe that I missed this thread. Dr. Mwedzi... all I can say is that not only are you and your hair beautiful, but also, I genuinely feel a deep sense of pride when I see these pictures. As someone else so rightly stated, there's no way that Reniece could have done what she did if she didn't have such healthy hair to work with. What inspires me the most is that you took care of your hair through the rigors of graduate school and moves to different countries, plus any number of events that life itself tends to throw our way. This serves as a very strong sign to me that there's no excuse. I am saying what others have already said: your hair is beautiful, marvelous, stupendous, impressive - words fail me! And the best part is that any one of us can look at this and know that we can achieve what you've achieved - even us 4B girls - if we're willing to take care of our hair. :yep:

This is truly awesome. :yep: Thank you so very much for blessing us with these pictures. They are a harsh rebuke to every lie that any Black girl has grown up believing about the "limitations" of our hair. There are no limits to what we can do. :yep:

Netta1

WOW! WOW! WOW! Whatever you are doing to your hair KEEP it up! It looks FANTASTIC! AMAZING BEAUTIFUL BLACK KINKY FULL HAIR. :kiss: