Report: ‘devacurl Broke My Hair Off’

Rastafarai

Wow! I used it years ago and it was so drying for my hair. Glad I didn't give it a second try. I didn't know it was sold though.

Honi

There is no board.
It’s all over YouTube too. I never used it.
I think I know what part of the problem may be. Cleansing conditioners are not meant to be used long term without shampooing. I don’t know if y’all remember but Wen had a similar lawsuit where people were complaining of thinning, baldness and itchy scalp. If you use no poo washes you get a ton of build up on your scalp and hair and no moisture gets in leading to dryness and breakage. Before these no poo products became mainstream, a lot of us that did condition washing with something as basic as suave had similar complaints. They work well in the beginning but that’s it. You gotta shampoo that stuff off and begin again.

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
There's another thread going on about this.

https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/devacurl-formula-change-warning.847823/

It’s all over YouTube too. I never used it.
I think I know what part of the problem may be. Cleansing conditioners are not meant to be used long term without shampooing. I don’t know if y’all remember but Wen had a similar lawsuit where people were complaining of thinning, baldness and itchy scalp. If you use no poo washes you get a ton of build up on your scalp and hair and no moisture gets in leading to dryness and breakage. Before these no poo products became mainstream, a lot of us that did condition washing with something as basic as suave had similar complaints. They work well in the beginning but that’s it. You gotta shampoo that stuff off and begin again.

To be honest, I believe this is the issue as well. I don't even believe in "cowashing conditioners" as a means for scalp care. But so many people were so die hard about following CGM and avoiding shampoo at all cost. I've always keep at least a travel sized bottle of shampoo around to avoid problems.