Resetting a roller set

AllieCat0817

On Monday I did a wet roller set (after shampooing/conditioning) & made the mistake of making my hair too soft by using Darcy's leave in on each roller piece. The previous roller set was the best EVER because I used like 2 pumps of Darcys leave in through my whole head and sprayed A LOT of Aphogee keratin green tea throughout & on each piece. No creamy leave in on each piece- just the Aphogee. FAB set, so bouncy and SILKY, zero frizz. Well this time with ODing on the Darcys it just came out too soft without enough silky hold and just ended up frizzy to me. So today instead of rewashing I just took my dry hair & sprayed each piece liberally with the Aphogee keratin green tea then rolled. Then once all rolled up sprayed more Aphogee over the whole head. Sitting under dryer to 'reset' it. I can already tell that my 'reset' will be good.

Y'all ever reset your roller set with a certain liquid product?

I've never done this before, but the next time my roller set is looking a little limp, I may try this. Do you think that any leave-in would work?

I do it all the time...especially if my hair doesn't have the bounce & swang I like...I used 50/50 water and lotta body....you can even perk up a rollerset 3 or 4 days later...I put my hair in a few ponys...spray below the band...I let it airdry over night....so far so good!!!

1-9-09Dd.jpg

I've done this all week and my hair is responding well.:yep: No more looking tacky for me.:blush::rolleyes: Mesh rollers work better on my hair so I am deep sixing the magnetic ones. I also can sleep in them comfortably so I am a happy camper. Next Saturday, I will reach my first hair goal at 6 months post relaxer. I am growing more confident with my hair now thanks to these rollers. I am attempting my first wet set for tomorrow for my friend's wedding. My dry set held very well even though it rained out. YAY!:lachen::infatuated:

Back