Respect from the Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Moderators and the individuals that handle the technical features of this board have differing roles. Moderators have nothing to do with what board features are added or disabled.

Also, when a thread is closed the OP is usually notified as a courtesy. There may also be a final post from the mod that closes it, but please know that we do not owe anyone an explanation as to why a thread is being closed. In fact, it should be apparent by reading the thread.

sunshinelady

Moderators and the individuals that handle the technical features of this board have differing roles. Moderators have nothing to do with what board features are added or disabled.

Also, when a thread is closed the OP is usually notified as a courtesy. There may also be a final post from the mod that closes it, but please know that we do not owe anyone an explanation as to why a thread is being closed. In fact, it should be apparent by reading the thread.

I wasn't notified until I asked. In fact, I was told that the thread was closed because it was long and she didn't want to read it anymore.

Allandra

No one has STILL said anything formal yet.

If you guys didn't know, you could still have put up a thread letting us all know that due to maintenance some features have been gone temporarily or permanently?:sad:
I know dear. I said I would post the information when I found out or either Beverly would.

We didn't know, so we couldn't put up such a thread.

Last edited:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
No one has STILL said anything formal yet.

If you guys didn't know, you could still have put up a thread letting us all know that due to maintenance some features have been gone temporarily or permanently?:sad:

If we don't know what happened to it, why would we put up a thread about it? What should the thread say: We the mods, do not know what happened to the "Thanks" button.

Is that what you are looking for?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I wasn't notified until I asked. In fact, I was told that the thread was closed because it was long and she didn't want to read it anymore.

Notice I said the OP is usually notified as a courtesy. I didn't say that it is standard that the OP receives notification. It is really up to each mods discretion at the time that the thread is closed. You are always welcomed to send a diplomatic inquiry about why a thread was closed.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
January,

Has soon as I get the information, I'll post it here or either Beverly will. I'm sure her inbox is already flooded.

Oh thanks Allandra - I had just sent her a PM myself.

I've learned from experience that few people take it upon themselves to ask an owner or "powers that be" what the real deal is and just sit on the sidelines and complain. It happens at my job all the time! :yep: That doesn't happen here of course! :giggle:

sunshinelady

Notice I said the OP is usually notified as a courtesy. I didn't say that it is standard that the OP receives notification. It is really up to each mods discretion at the time that the thread is closed. You are always welcomed to send a diplomatic inquiry about why a thread was closed.

I think that the request on the table is that we be notified if the reason is not obvious. In that case, it wasn't obvious.

kittenz

i don't think the OP meant the mods as in moderators (I know that makes no sense). but used the term loosely/interchangeably with owners/administrators. Basically whoever knew. If you did not know please don't be offended.

To the ladies that think the mods (personally) should have notified us: THEY DIDN'T KNOW!!

Ladyhenri

If we don't know what happened to it, why would we put up a thread about it? What should the thread say: We the mods, do not know what happened to the "Thanks" button.

Any Information is better than NONE at all.

Its common curtesy

Makenzie

Actually that's not a bad idea. Many are wondering what happened, they are pm'ing Beverly and you moderators, creating threads etc... So maybe a brief sticky stating it's being looked into would have a calming effect on the board. That way everyone will know that at least something is being done and more answers will be forthcoming.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Actually that's not a bad idea. Many are wondering what happened, they are pm'ing Beverly and you moderators, creating threads etc... So maybe a brief sticky stating it's being looked into would have a calming effect on the board. That way everyone will know that at least something is being done and more answers will be forthcoming.

I didn't know whether it was being looked into or not. I don't think it would have been appropriate to start a thread giving you information that I wasn't actually certain on.

Ladyhenri

^^^

THANK YOU

ccd

I differ in opinion.....this is nobody's full time job, and there isn't someone sitting on this site monitoring every tiny detail; every minute of the day

and things happen sometimes; even at places of business..... the threads created I'm sure helped the mods that didn't know about it find out about what happen and themselves inquire , not to mention the threads were entertaining....now give it time and let them come back with an explanation, but to say its disrespectful is a bit much.

There are plenty of things that happen here that a far worst imho. We are on here by choice and pay by choice for entertainment, information and the like.....

Kinda OT.....Someone recently posted that they wanted a "No Thanks" button, what if this is being worked on.....and now folks are complaining:ohwell:

I think patience is a virtue

Allandra

I differ in opinion.....this is nobody's full time job, and there isn't someone sitting on this site monitoring every tiny detail; every minute of the day

and things happen sometimes; even at places of business..... the threads created I'm sure helped the mods that didn't know about it find out about what happen and themselves inquire , not to mention the threads were entertaining....now give it time and let them come back with an explanation, but to say its disrespectful is a bit much.

There are plenty of things that happen here that a far worst imho. We are on here by choice and pay by choice for entertainment, information and the like.....

Kinda OT.....Someone recently posted that they wanted a "No Thanks" button, what if this is being worked on.....and now folks are complaining:ohwell:

:)

ccd: You always know how to say it. :yep:

kittenz

OT: I remeber Hairapy had this in her siggy. her wish for Christmas:lachen: Now that would start some stuff!!

Stella B.

Upgrading software means you add new or different features that enhances the software that is currently being used. If the thanks button was removed, then it should have been replaced with some other newer/more efficient feature;-where is it?:ohwell: I'm all for improved change, just keep us informed about whats going on!! Yes an alert, or advanced notification would have been greatly appreciated!! It would have kept all the :look::look::look: to a minimum. Seems like someone in tech admin was exercising their option to keep or remove the thanks button. Since the computer keeps up with all the thanks calculations, (very simple with the click of the button), its gonna be a lot more server space used per thread to have to add an additional post just to give thanks!!! Hope we can find out what the deal is soon. I'm a missing that thanks button!...'thanks' for listening, now let me go give thanks individually to the other 51 posters on this thread!!!:spinning:

vkb247

Well we know that we aren't getting a "No Thanks" button. Didn't Allandra say that wasn't going to happen?

If it was routine maintenance maybe they could have announced that then we wouldn't have been surprised when the site went down and was different when it cam back. I don't think that is too much to ask for. I have seen routine maintenance announced in a sticky on other forums and I swear I have seen it before here.

firecracker

Good goobly goo! The mods nor the owner of this site owes any of us shiznizzle. 5 damn dolla's don't even get you that much so called respect at the 99cent store. We can all go shopping elsewhere instead of making bs demands and asking for champagne when we paid for beer. LOL Again good goobly goo! Hi ya'll have a great day! LOL

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

I appreciate this. :up:

LaidBak

SG,
From the overall tone of your posts it seems like you're in a bad mood today. So I hope my reply doesn't start anything...
But I have to disagree with the bolded. As a non-paying forum participant I can read posts for free. But when I pay for membership I am paying specifically for the ability to start, post to, and communicate via threads. As a paying member I should ALWAYS be notified if my thread is closed, no matter who closes it. That should be company policy (for lack of a better term, since I know the mods don't do this for a living).
Simply put, if I pay for some service or act, and the ability to use the service or carry out the act is taken away (limited, modified, etc) by the provider (moderator, administrator, etc), at the very least I should be told why--every time.

*ducks and backs out of the room*

envybeauty

I disagree as to bolded. Some folks like to act the hell up in other people's threads and they are the reason why the mod would close the thread. There have been several trolls/instigators who will enter a thread just cause and they get it shut down. I don't wanna know all that every time I start a thread. Mods got better things to do than to have to sit around writing some synopsis as to why they just had to close the umteenth thread. If you participate in the thread you create, it will be evident to you as to why the mod closed the thread (some 90% of the time).

SG,
From the overall tone of your posts it seems like you're in a bad mood today. So I hope my reply doesn't start anything...
But I have to disagree with the bolded. As a non-paying forum participant I can read posts for free. But when I pay for membership I am paying specifically for the ability to start, post to, and communicate via threads. As a paying member I should ALWAYS be notified if my thread is closed, no matter who closes it. That should be company policy (for lack of a better term, since I know the mods don't do this for a living).
Simply put, if I pay for some service or act, and the ability to use the service or carry out the act is taken away (limited, modified, etc) by the provider (moderator, administrator, etc), at the very least I should be told why--every time.

*ducks and backs out of the room*

Status
Not open for further replies.