Review: Aveeno Sample (Nourish+ Soothe Shampoo and Conditioner) Pics..

taylokc

Hey ladies,
I received my sample about two days ago and I finally got the chance to use them. They sent me the Nourish+Soothe set of shampoo and conditioner. I have hair that's between APL and BSL, 4a/b, relaxed, and course but somewhat silky in texture. I am 1 week post relaxer and I decided to give this a try. Given my newly itchy scalp (I think its because the season is changing) I decided to pre poo my scalp with Keracare Dry and Itchly scalp conditioner. I put it up in a bun and left it on for about an hour.

Then I washed my hair with the shampoo sample. The smell is great. You can really smell the lavender, but it really didn't have a chance to lather because they only gave me a little bit of product. But anyways I did my first wash with that and then I rinsed. My hair felt ok. It wasn't tangled or anything but I did know that I was going to need a second wash. So I washed with my Mane and Tail Moisturizing Shampoo. Then I did my protein treatment with Aphogee 2 minute keratin reconstructer and then I conditioned with the Aveeno sample of Nourish+Soothe Conditioner. Surprisingly!!!!!, it was enough to work through my hair and it made it feel soooooooo good. I had decent slip and my hair really did feel smooth.

After letting that sit for a few minutes. I rinsed my hair and then I put on my Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructerizer leave in spray, Garnier Length and strength leave in conditioner and my Keracare Foam Wrap Lotion and rollerset my hair. Im sitting under the dryer now, but I do have a few pics of the process so far. I will be posting final pics too!!!

ratings: Scale of 1-10
Shampoo: 6ish
Conditioner: 8 1/2!!!

Would I buy this??!!!: NO!!!! I would not buy the shampoo because I don't think its the best shampoo for my hair. This is the way I put it. I rate shampoos on whether or not they can stand on their own. If I can wash with one particular shampoo (Other than clarifying shampoos) and not have to follow up with another one....its a keeper!!! But this one...Nope it didn't cut it. Now I've never used any Aveeno products but I would like to try the shampoo from the Nourish + Moisturize Line. I think it would suite my hair and scalp better.

Conditioner: Yes!!! It passed the slip and detangle test. Simply put...I would buy this.

Here are some pics of my Aveeno process!!!

Stay tuned for more pics!!

Attachments

• IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1521.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1528.jpg
    IMG_1528.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 55

taylokc

Ok ladies here are the results

Attachments

• IMG_1535.jpg
    IMG_1535.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1536.jpg
    IMG_1536.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1538.jpg
    IMG_1538.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1540.jpg
    IMG_1540.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 35

taylokc

Thanks!!! My stylist that I've been going to for years uses designer touch but for this relaxer I went to my mom's stylist who uses Nairobi products. She used the whole line. It turned out really well. There's a story behind that but it deserves it's own thread...

morehairplease

Thanks!!! My stylist that I've been going to for years uses designer touch but for this relaxer I went to my mom's stylist who uses Nairobi products. She used the whole line. It turned out really well. There's a story behind that but it deserves it's own thread...

I agree it looks beautiful sweetie!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
You hair is beautiful. Thanks for the review. I will attempt to cowash with my sample on Wednesday. I have the Nourish & Revitalize. No interest in the poo.

shtow

I keep tellin yall Nairobi relaxers are the ish. But noooo don't listen to shtow! LOL

Your hair came out beautiful!!!

Honi

There is no board.
I got my samples but that lil amount wouldn't do anything for my hair. I'm 6 months post so that condish would be enough to condition my edges :lachen: