Review: Clairol Herbal Essences Hair Color

Elyse

Two weeks ago I colored my hair with this product. I chose this over Clairol Textures and Tones because in my area the T and T only comes in a few shades and none of them suited me; either too dark or too light. My hair is naturally dark brown and I only wanted to go a couple of shadess lighter; nothing drastic. I chose Herbal Essences hair color ???? I forget the name of the color, but the number on the box was 61.7
oo:
oo:.

I followed the directions, left it on for 25 minutes and voila it turned out great. I have a very subtle change in color and my hair feels great
. Very soft, no frizz, dryness or breakage. My color is a medium, warm, coppery brown when seen in the sun or in bright light.

I would definitely recommendt this to anyone that is natural that wants a little lift in their color. I'm not sure how well this would work on relaxed hair or if someone wanted to dramatically lighten their hair.

pebbles

Hi Elyse,

That's good to hear. I'm glad you're pleased with the results you got. I've never used color on my hair and I'm thinking of using rinses just to start off. I've already consulted our hair color guru, Tracy. I'm dying to see what she recommends for me to start with.

Elyse

Hi Pebbles,

I really love the Clairol color products. This was my first time using a permanent color, but I used to use Clairol Natural Instincts when I relaxed my hair. The Natural Instincts line is a semi-permanent color that lasts for about 24 weeks. It only produces a slight color change, nothing dramatic.

Let us know what you decide on