REVIEW: NU-GRO Moisturizing Conditioner

tailormade84

I FINALLY used a complete bottle of a product that has not already been reviewed on here ad nauseum ;) so i wanted to share my experience (let's hope i'll be able to do this more often lol)

I originally picked up this because:
1. it was 5 dollars at my local BBS
2. i wanted to use a garlic conditioner to help with my shedding
3. i wanted a conditioner that low protein/cones/junk

NU-GRO Moisturizing Conditioner 13.5oz

Product description:
Dry Hair Formula Moisturizing-Conditioner, for smooth, silky soft hair. Use after shampoo. Helps grow , thicken and heal damaged hair. Packed with blend of natural herbs and vitamins. Money back guarantee!

Ingredients:
Parsley, Allium Sativum (Garlic), Nettle, Burdock, Horsetail Coltsfoot, Rosemary Leaf, Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil, Safflower Oil, Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Fragrance, Pab Panthenol (B-5) Vitamin E and D, Aloe Vera.

(i think there was more stuff in here, but the label is unlaminated paper, so the list is faded and unreadable now:sad: )

My review:
PROS:
*i did experience decreased shedding over the 3 month period of using this
*had some great ingredients
*when used as a DC, my hair was nice and soft afterwards (i did seal with olive oil)

CONS:
*is stinks!!!!! and its a STRONG stank :nono:
*no slip at ALL
*not very creamy - but still an overall smooth consistency

for a natural head, these are pretty strong cons since i need my conditioner to give me the slip i need to detangle - but adding in olive oil did help am little. Overall, i will NOT be repurchasing because the smell is so HORRID i used to dread wash day.

SIDE NOTE: Thankfully i was able to find the NU-GRO Moisturizing Spray to help me with my shedding issues - the new formula smells like kiwi strawberry :lick:

Thanks for your great review. Simple, short and to the point. I was looking at the spray to get to moisturize my new growth so I look forward to your review of that!

Demi27

I have used their products.
I haven't used the shampoo/conditioner in a while, but I did like the products. I didn't use THIS shampoo, though.

I was using the spray, but I haven't used it in a few weeks because I wanted to use up my last bottle of Surge.

Thanks for the review!

Rain20

I like it and it doesnt stink to me. I find even though there is no slip to the conditioner it really softens the hair. Shampoo and conditioner will be staples. I use the spray off and on.