Review: Salerm White Hair 'poo is DA BOMB!

Neroli

Review: Salerm White Hair \'poo is DA BOMB!

Okay, my materal family all gray early and I am beginning to gray at the temples in front and I love it -- I have NO interest whatsoever in coloring my hair -- I think the graying pattern forming in front is extremely attractive on me (I've been told so AND some folks even think its artifical streaks!). Anywho, I have been trying to find ways of brightening the gray so that it really shines. I've considered using Colorshines clear or Hennalucent neutral but chickened out on both 'cause my hair is doing so well I didn't want to rock the boat with something new. I tried Jhirmack (sp?) Brightening 'poo and conditioner for gray hair -- very very drying and didn't "brighten at all!

Well, got my touchup last week monday 8/23/04 and I asked my dominician sylist what to do -- she sold me a bottle of Salerm Champu Cabellos Blancos - Shampoo for White Hair (Ingredients: water, lauramine oxide, cocamide DEA, fragrance, propylparaben, triethanolamine, methylparaben, carbomer, basic blue 99, basic red 76.) She told me to use on my next wash AFTER my regular 'poo. I did that last night and my hair is OFF DA HOOK this morning! My gray is "gleamining" -- I mean a HUGE noticeable shine that I absolutely LOVE! Here is what I did:

- washed once with nexxus botanoil
- ACV rinse
- washed with salerm champu, let sit 3 and rinse
- ACV rinse
- apply nexxus keraphix, cover with plastic cap under hood dryer on warm for 15 minutes
- apply nexxus humectress on TOP of the keraphix cover with plastic cap, no heat for 20 minutes
- rinse thoroughly
- spray lightly with vidal sasson heat defender
- apply salerm 21 as leave in (I've used up my beloved nexxus headdress and decided to try salerm 21 based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews on this board - so I picked put a bottle along with the salerm 'poo)
- roller set and hood dry

OMG, my hair is sooooo soft, bouncy and shiny, with my gray hairs REALLY looking like streaks -- I'm in love with both salerm 21 AND the shampoo! My sylist told me to use the "poo about once a month to every 6 weeks in order to keep gray from "yellowing." I'm so pleased that all I need to do to make gray hairs shine is 'poo with salerm every month or so. . .

lunalight7

Re: Review: Salerm White Hair \'poo is DA BOMB!

Congrats on your find! Sounds like you had excellent results...pics please!!! I dont like my grey because it doesnt grow in pretty streaks...just spirally coils that pop up all over the place. I used a rinse by Clairol's Beautiful Collection w/ good results but it washed out quickly.

Neroli

Girl, I have a phobia about posting my image online -- just old-fashioned I guess! Also, I'm so technologically challeged I'm not sure I'll be able to figure out how to post. Also, gotta first take pictures . . .

I guess I've got to work out all the above before posting, but I'll probably figure it all out somehow soon 'cause I really MUST share how great my hair is looking these days! Thanks to all you lovely ladies for your advice and support.

Queenie

I'd like to see pictures too! I'm working on getting an album together myself. Most of the pictures I have of myself don't show my hair very well. I wish a had a digital camera.

cutebajangirl

Is the rest of your hair extra shiny as well? I've been thinking of looking into gray shampoos for shine ever since sterry mentioned using one on her daughter.

Neroli

The rest of my hair is extra shiny too, but the gray really stands out because no yellow or dullness, just super super white. Duh, I just realized that gray hairs are not really "gray" but WHITE! Anyway, the rest of my hair appears to be shiny and don't know if it's the salerm champu or because I just got touchup a week ago -- but today I have a shiny, shiny head of hair like I don't ever recall.

BTW, it is noticeable to others 'cause at least 2 different people in the office have complemented me on how great my hair looks -- these are folks who see me every day. I'm so psyched that all it took was one wash with this 'poo!

Bunny77

Hmm, I need to get some for my dad. My dad has some beautiful white hair, but I don't think he uses the right stuff on it. It always looks greasy and a bit dull.

KAddy